Android N: No night mode.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Just received Nougat update on my Nexus 6p. Discovered no availability of night mode as featured. Spoke with Google support and according to my settings in "about phone" I have only received a partial update. The completion should be within a couple of days or week. Is this typical? 🤔And now I just read that they removed the dark mode feature. Is this true? If so then the update must be complete. I would have preferred a dark theme feature instead.

Last edited:

Xavier Brenneman

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Night mode apparently has some performance issues so they removed it last minute. It's not what you think tho it's a blue light filter so everything is a little red. Supposed to help you sleep because blue light apparently throws off your circadian rhythms. Lucky for you if you have a nexus 6p you can enable it because the code is just hidden in the source. Go on play and lookup and app called night mode enabler and after a click of a button you'll have the option in your settings. You can even assign it to the notification bar quick settings.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you all referring to this?

Screenshot_20160925-142545.jpg

Because I still have it. Running build NRD90T with the September 6th security patch on my Nexus 6P and I like it just fine. Keeps my wife from complaining when I start reading the news in bed at 3:00 AM.

woli khalil

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Just received Nougat update on my Nexus 6p. Discovered no availability of night mode as featured. Spoke with Google support and according to my settings in "about phone" I have only received a partial update. The completion should be within a couple of days or week. Is this typical? 🤔And now I just read that they removed the dark mode feature. Is this true? If so then the update must be complete. I would have preferred a dark theme feature instead.
I can't wait to have it on my moto g4

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Night mode was pulled also but 3rd party enabler available @ play store. But I was really looking forward to the "dark theme" which is a totally different feature. And that to they pulled.😞

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet