Seeing Many Articles About Problems

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Seeing many articles about problems with operation of Nougat release, Not really ready for release it seems. Surprised that little, to no reporting about it here. Apparently this is why the brakes hit on pushing it out.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Do you mind sharing some links to these articles? What kinds of problems? There were some issues with initial builds on the 6P but the latest, NRD90U, seems to have fixed some of those. I have seen some reports of the 5x having some boot loop issues.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Seeing many articles about problems with operation of Nougat release, Not really ready for release it seems.
Not really. It means that N is no more perfect than any other OS that has ever existed. Do the same Google search substituting any other version of Android (or iOS or MS or even any single update to any OS), and you'll get as many or more hits about problems experienced after updating to X.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I scanned the GottaBeMobile article. SOME people have those issues. I have NRD90U on my 6P and haven't experienced any bluetooth issues (using a headset not a car radio), my battery life isn't significantly changed, no status icon duplication, no notification issues, the speakers all work well. I think others are also reporting no issues.

Yes, SOME are having problems but there are probably a bunch that have no issues also. That's not uncommon from ANY major OS update on any device (Nexus or otherwise).

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Not really. It means that N is no more perfect than any other OS that has ever existed. Do the same Google search substituting any other version of Android (or iOS or MS or even any single update to any OS), and you'll get as many or more hits about problems experienced after updating to X.

My point is, many R wondering why they aren't getting the update OTA, because issues have been discovered and apparently a halt to OTA until some fixes R made.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My point is, many R wondering why they aren't getting the update OTA, because issues have been discovered and apparently a halt to OTA until some fixes R made.
Could be. Could be the problem is that they're working carrier-by-carrier and phone-by-phone, resolving compatibility issues as they encounter them. No way to know unless and until Google starts talking. And they rarely ever do.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I got Android 7 on the first day. Loaded without a problem. I'm happily running it on my Nexus 5x without a problem. People rarely post when they don't have a problem.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Those are "many" articles written about less than 10% of the total population of 7.0 users who have problems. It's tough to learn about incompatible apps or carrier functions that mess up your phone, especially when you keep hearing how great something is..and wonder why yours isnt "great.

But if you ask me..that's half the reason i switched from a iphone 5 years ago and will never go back.:cool: