Twitter Bundled Notifications on Nougat??

anon(134792)

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I use Twitter as my primary source of News and Information that I find important.

I have 200+ Twitter accounts that I follow that are set to send me a Mobile Notification every time they post something.

This worked great, albeit overwhelming on heavy news days, on all Android OS versions up until Nougat with their bundled notifications.

Now, instead of being able to sort through all of my Twitter Notifications for the day at the end of the day, the Bundled Notifications on Nougat only allow me to see 6 or 7 of the most recent notifications when I expand the "bundle" in my Notification Shade and, therefore I can't start with the oldest messages first.

I haven't been able to find a way to turn off Bundled Notifications for specific apps. Is there a way to get my notifications back or is there a Twitter Client that has a section or window for posts from the accounts that you get Mobile Notifications from?

Is anyone else having this problem or am I just weird because I get so many post notifications?

Nexus 6P running Nougat

Belac77

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you on this. I really liked how each Tweet was it's own card in Marshmallow notifications. It'd be nice to have an option to turn off bundled notifications on an app-by-app basis.

mfsasso

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Same. The bundle tells me there are 20-odd notifications. When I swipe to unbundle I see the 8 most recent. I want to start with the EARLIEST!

JohnJohnUnbundled

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
Same here - bundled notifications (esp for twitter) makes me want to never use android again, but I hate iphones, so what's a kid to do?? Devs came up with "so many options" in N and now O for notifications EXCEPT to unbundled them! It seems like such a simple option to put in your operation system - "do you want to view your notifications chronologically, or bundled into groups by apps?" I would pay a monthly service to have Marshmallow notification options again.