Can I roll back to 6.0 from Nougat Beta on my 6p?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So enrolled in the beta program about a month ago to get Nougat on my 6p, and have been noticing some annoying glitches, such as:

• Notification light on emails (using Aquamail pro) not working, but other notification lights (i.e. text mssgs) works.
  • Badge notifications showing unread emails or texts (tesla undread, Aquamail and messenger) not working.
  • Wifi, after being toggled off in notification bar, won't toggle back on half of the time unless I reboot.

Last week, the phone froze up for a solid minute when I dialed in to check my work VM, but I was eventually able to do a hard reboot to get out. It also just randomly rebooted when I was on FB as well. The items in the list above are not critical, but these two items are. I've never had these things happen before, so I assume it is related to Nougat.

I know how to un-enroll from the beta program. Is there a way to roll back my OS to marshmallow?

kbennett65

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
You probably already figured this out, but just in case. All you should need to do is unenroll your device from the Beta program and an OTA update should show up, this update rolls back to the last stable version of 6. It will however wipe everything off your phone during the process so make sure and back up anything you need to save.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is a good way to complete the task ,

Could you elaborate? Which way? Both ways will remove the beta, though I think unenrolling from the beta will revert to the latest stable version which is still Nougat. I believe both ways will wipe the data but I could be wrong.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Unenrolling from the beta will bring you back to 7.0. They only way to get back to 6.0.1 is to flash the factory image... I'm not sure I'm the unenroll wipes (I'm guessing it does). But the factory flash does by default... And if you set it not to, you're in for a world of hurt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX