Vibrate touch feedback for keyboard

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If i turn on my haptic feedback for typing on my keyboard, i've heard for years that it'll drain the phone battery soo much quicker since it uses the vibrate motor and whatnot. Battery power just like anyone else here is one area that i'm anal and obsessed with. However haptic feedback might help me type more accurately . I thought about turning the sound on for each key press as well. Does anyone here use the haptic feedback at all? Thanks for your help.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Never use it. Don't use the beep thing either, it tends to annoy those around you. But it's a personal preference, try it for a day and see how much battery you have left, then the next day turn it off and compare the battery life. Then you can make an informed decision.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Never use it. Don't use the beep thing either, it tends to annoy those around you. But it's a personal preference, try it for a day and see how much battery you have left, then the next day turn it off and compare the battery life. Then you can make an informed decision.

That's a very good idea and that' exactly what I was thinking of myself. I do agree about the beeping noise and the people around you as well though. I usually also just look at my keyboard while i'm typing vs the text area of the screen for better accuracy as well. I was just curious. Thank you.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Swiftkey and have always used haptic feedback. I can say on days where I'm typing on my phone a lot more than normal I see no difference in battery life. I'm not typing a novel, though. I've never seen Swiftkey listed on the battery stats page, so either it hardly uses any battery, or it's grouped into another listing like Android system.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Swiftkey and have always used haptic feedback. I can say on days where I'm typing on my phone a lot more than normal I see no difference in battery life. I'm not typing a novel, though. I've never seen Swiftkey listed on the battery stats page, so either it hardly uses any battery, or it's grouped into another listing like Android system.

Thank you that's good to know. I'm still testing out the haptic feedback for myself, but so far I do enjoy using it. i can feel they keys better which I know the purpose is. I'll have to see how it goes in the next few days. I have noticed already though at the lighter/softer vibrate setting, i can barely feel it in the cold so i turned it up to level 38 MS. Not too bad so far.