Locking orientation

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I know it's up to user preferences, but do you usually keep you're screen orientation lock and toggle to unlock it when watching YouTube videos etc, or have it in automatic mode? Thanks.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I normally have my phone locked in portrait orientation. Due to my sliding the phone sideways out of my hand when putting it down, this prevents the unwanted switch into landscape mode.

For viewing movies, I would need to reset the orientation back into "auto". My handling does not cause it to unwantedly switch into portrait mode, so I don't need to lock it in landscape mode.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I normally have my phone locked in portrait orientation. Due to my sliding the phone sideways out of my hand when putting it down, this prevents the unwanted switch into landscape mode.

For viewing movies, I would need to reset the orientation back into "auto". My handling does not cause it to unwantedly switch into portrait mode, so I don't need to lock it in landscape mode.
That's actually exactly what I do as well. Thank for your input. I appreciate it.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Locked in portrait most of the time. I have a few MacroDroid modules set up to switch to Auto and full screen brightness when any video apps or my Photos app is open (and reverse those when it closes.)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get the feeling that most people here lock in their screen orientation unless they need to rotate the screen.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't lock the orientation. I suppose if I lay on my side in bed and looked at the phone sideways I would. It's quite rare that my phone switched orientation when I don't want it to.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't lock the orientation. I suppose if I lay on my side in bed and looked at the phone sideways I would. It's quite rare that my phone switched orientation when I don't want it to.
I'm going to try the auto rotation again and see if I can't get used to it. Ha

Update. So I tried getting used to the auto rotation settings. Unfortunately, it's get very annoying to me very quickly. Hahaha. I love the ability to control that with a quick setting!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2