Notifications drop down to small

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Tried increasing the font size and even zooming in and still really small to see. Any way to increase font size for the notifications drop down?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Your font size selection may affect the text notifications that come and go, but the buttons and menus are probably fixed in size for the bar.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Poked around but didn't see anything special. Anyone else notices if you put the screen zoom at max it vibrates slightly every second or so?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may help to know which device you have, because different devices may have different accessibility features.

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Galaxy S7 Edge on AT&T. Took the OTA update and waited a day then did a factory reset.

Did the factory reset change the font size in the notification drop down menu? Or did the factory reset simply get rid of the Nougat update and the micro text issue has still not been resolved.

The font size in the notification drop down menu is way too small. Ridiculous if there is no way to change it.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
On my Nexus 6P running Nougat I have the following option in the Accessibility section:

Magnification gesture. Tap 3 times on the screen and it zooms. You can then drag with 2 fingers and pinch/spread 2 fingers to zoom in/out. You can also tap 3 times and hold to zoom in and pan with only one finger.

That gesture DOES work with the notification shade. I can add screenshots of the option screen later if you want.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The AC app seems to be a little wonky when it comes to posting pics or viewing them as attachments. I only see one pic as well, and it's zoomed in -- was that an example of the magnification feature?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The AC app seems to be a little wonky when it comes to posting pics or viewing them as attachments. I only see one pic as well, and it's zoomed in -- was that an example of the magnification feature?

Yes, it was. I'll see if I can get the others uploaded tonight, including one of the zoomed notification shade.

dp619

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Agreed... font is way too small on notifications with nougat. They also need to more clearly define the separation between notifications cause I just see gibberish now whereas before it was plainly visible what notifications I was looking at. Now I open it and it takes about 3 seconds for me to figure out what Im looking at

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Agreed... font is way too small on notifications with nougat. They also need to more clearly define the separation between notifications cause I just see gibberish now whereas before it was plainly visible what notifications I was looking at. Now I open it and it takes about 3 seconds for me to figure out what Im looking at

See, I went the OTHER way. On my Nexus 6P, I also found a slider in accessibility that allowed me to adjust the size of things on the screen. Default was one step up from the smallest, I moved to the smallest.

Of course, I did have Lasik a couple years ago and my primary care dcotor was surprised with my vision when I went for a checkup.

kia01

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Im using S7 Edge and the notification font is way too small and cannot be change.

Tried changing the font in Display and in Vision but no result.

Magnification is available but is very frustrating to use.

This is something that IOS has resolved years back and is something that Android needs to seriously look into.

get the basic correct please.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@kia01 Keep in mind, Samsung mucks around with the interface. I don't have a Samsung running Nougat but it's very likely that what you're seeing is something modified by Samsung and not an overall Android issue.

Here is the notification shade on my Nexus 6P when I change the display size to the largest setting:
Screenshot (Mar 12, 2017 10:18:37 AM).jpg

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This is REALLY ANNOYING. I thought that "Notifications" in Nougat were supposed to be improved. Instead, I can't even read them, the font is so small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax