Should I update my LG Stylo 2 (Virgin Mobile) to Nougat?

mehpersonguy0

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago, I got the immovable "update available" notification. I looked and found out the update was for 7.0 Nougat- which sounded possibly good at first until I remembered my past history with LG phones and OTA updates slowly killing the phone (Optimus S- shouldn't run 2.3 but they pushed it, and made a bad phone worse; Viper 4G - problematic after 4.0 update; Tribute 2 - No updates, just problems)

Has anyone else with a Stylo 2 updated to 7.0 yet? Are there any minor or major glitches of any sort? I'd rather not take any blind chances again considering I can't easily replace this phone if it gets bricked or has consistent major issues

Sandsmaine

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
A few days ago, I got the immovable "update available" notification. I looked and found out the update was for 7.0 Nougat- which sounded possibly good at first until I remembered my past history with LG phones and OTA updates slowly killing the phone (Optimus S- shouldn't run 2.3 but they pushed it, and made a bad phone worse; Viper 4G - problematic after 4.0 update; Tribute 2 - No updates, just problems)

Has anyone else with a Stylo 2 updated to 7.0 yet? Are there any minor or major glitches of any sort? I'd rather not take any blind chances again considering I can't easily replace this phone if it gets bricked or has consistent major issues
Hey, i just unboxed a virgin lg stylo its running ZV5 is there any hope to root MM or the nougat update?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
IMO mm sucks as a reliable OS, so I'm updating to Nougat because from everything I've read it's not really any worse, and maybe if I get lucky it might even be slightly better. I doubt it though ??????

Remember you'll have to do a factory reset after the upgrade to get your phone working right.... That's the Android way ??????????????????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae