Droid turbo 2 seems slower after nougat update.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Wiping the cache partition would be the first step is take. Sometimes after major OS upgrades, also formatting the device, as painful as that might be, can work wonders.

A Tex

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
My turbo 2 seems to be completely retarded. My keyboard, battery use, speed ,most apps on playstore can't be downloaded. IV hard reset,cleared cache everything but it's almost the most expensive paper weight I have. What else is there to do to get it right???

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
When nougat is offered to my phone I'm going to read others experiences with it before jumping in. We'll be offered 7.0 which seems to be the buggiest version of nougat out there, and since I have a Moto/Lenovo phone I'm sure that'll be the only version I'm ever offered.

I'm no big fan of MM, but at least overall it works and gets killer battery life.... I refuse to go from bad to worse just because nougat is shiny and new.

My phone needs to be a phone first and foremost, not a beta test bed for Google 😕

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
When nougat is offered to my phone I'm going to read others experiences with it before jumping in. We'll be offered 7.0 which seems to be the buggiest version of nougat out there, and since I have a Moto/Lenovo phone I'm sure that'll be the only version I'm ever offered.

I'm no big fan of MM, but at least overall it works and gets killer battery life.... I refuse to go from bad to worse just because nougat is shiny and new.

My phone needs to be a phone first and foremost, not a beta test bed for Google ??????

Amen.

Mine needs to be a library for special nature/science apps, too. Don't need no socialization.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

My phone needs to be a phone first and foremost, not a beta test bed for Google 😕

Actually it's a beta test bed for Lenovo/Motorola. Once a manufacturer or carrier muck with it whatever happens is on them. They're the ones that tweak it to work on any given device.

Updates on my Nexus 5X have been just fine. All I've done is wipe the cache partition after each update. I'm on the beta now and it's working pretty well so far.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a Moto X Pure Edition, besides the Moto app it's pure Android Marshmallow.

I would hope Lenovo would honor that tradition by giving us pure nougat as well ??????

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto X Pure Edition, besides the Moto app it's pure Android Marshmallow.

I would hope Lenovo would honor that tradition by giving us pure nougat as well 😮

But it still is massaged by Lenovo/Motorola. The experience is close to pure Android, I'll grant you that but the code didn't come straight from Google.

Even on Nexus devices the code is optimised for each model. They all have different hardware requirements that mean different drivers at a minimum. And phones can have different features that are based on what hardware is available in the device.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Motorola. My Droid Maxx 2 is a pretty good phone and already got upgraded from Lollipop to Marshmallow. It went pretty smoothly and I didn't experience any issues. If it wasn't loaded with Verizon's bloatware I would like it even more. I still use it occasionally but prefer the bloat free Nexus.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
When I updated to Android 7, my rearward Camera quit working, Verizon Cloud Quit working too. I wiped my Turbo 2 and started fresh. Didn't help. I carried my phone to Verizon... They saw the problem and ordered me a new Turbo 2. It came on Marshmallow. Originally, when I updated my phone, I updated my wife's phone also. She has had no problems. My new phone missed the update, and I get the message that my phone is up to date... Starting to wonder if I will ever get the update?