March 7th AT&T Nougat OTA for S7 Active

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading here since I did my OTA to my S7 Active back on 3/7 and can't believe some of the issues I've been reading about. The S7 Active has been (I guess I'd better knock on wood BEFORE I continue) smooth as silk for me. The only issue I have had was trying to get my SmartKeyboardPro to lock in as the Default Keyboard - and then, after trying for like 12 hours, it just did it without any particular change that I made so I have no idea why? Other than that, I have not experienced (knock, knock, knock again) any of the issues I have been reading about here! I just find it a bit weird that Google would be causing grief on their Nexus and Pixel phones and allowing Samsung (the S7 Active anyway) a smooth transition???

:-\

Note: I must add, I have not tried my Bluetooth as yet in my truck or car!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading here since I did my OTA to my S7 Active back on 3/7 and can't believe some of the issues I've been reading about. The S7 Active has been (I guess I'd better knock on wood BEFORE I continue) smooth as silk for me. The only issue I have had was trying to get my SmartKeyboardPro to lock in as the Default Keyboard - and then, after trying for like 12 hours, it just did it without any particular change that I made so I have no idea why? Other than that, I have not experienced (knock, knock, knock again) any of the issues I have been reading about here! I just find it a bit weird that Google would be causing grief on their Nexus and Pixel phones and allowing Samsung (the S7 Active anyway) a smooth transition???

:-\

Note: I must add, I have not tried my Bluetooth as yet in my truck or car!

Fired up Bluetooth and configured it with Ford Sync in my F350 yesterday afternoon - NO PROBLEMS. Called my wife and talked for a few minutes using voice command from the downloaded phone book. Have to read a bit more on how to text from the Ford Sync system and try that now...