It takes 6-7 taps to send a picture via MMS

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
What a load of clunky junk.

To text someone a picture it now takes up to 7 taps not including any typing to send a mf'n picture! Who thought this was ok? It was WAY faster before Nougat....all in all I love the update but the MMS messaging is worse than anything Ive ever seen.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Are you saying that it takes many more steps to get the picture included in the message, or that your screen is not responding to the taps?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

To text someone a picture it now takes up to 7 taps not including any typing to send a mf'n picture! Who thought this was ok? It was WAY faster before Nougat....all in all I love the update but the MMS messaging is worse than anything Ive ever seen.

Use a different texting app if you don't like how the default one operates now

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
ManiacJoe
Are you saying that it takes many more steps to get the picture included in the message, or that your screen is not responding to the taps?

That's the number of steps to send the message. It's ludicrous...Google should be embarrassed about putting out such inefficient junk. Apple and Windows embarrass them on this front.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Could you walk us through your steps?

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
7 taps seems about right. Is it that hard?
1) tap Android Messages
2) tap "+"
3) tap on desired contact
4) tap ">"
5) tap "+"
6) tap on desired image
7) tap send

I always remembered it like this. Again, is it the hard? It takes less than 5 seconds if you knew the steps.

SurfnSun

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
They have added the contact step of existing vs new, now consider the phone always forgets the default number and it's another step or two.

It's the model of how not to be ergonomic in a UI

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon