Emoji icon gone

therealdeal7

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone, running Android 7.0.

Recently, I tried to insert emojis, as usual, on some social media apps. Anyway, I saw the microphone icon where emojis stand so I held it but there are no emojis. They are gone.
It is very strange though. I tried resetting keyboard, rebooting phone but it didn't work.

It is very frustrating because I really need emojis. Note that I use default samsung keyboard.

iTshUlY.jpg

The little "smiley" icon, opens the symbols like ! @ # $ and some heart emojis and stars, but actually no emojis.

Did anyone else experience it? Is there any help?
Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,
therealdeal7

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd, I still have it on mine. Also, when I tap the number/smiley key, it does take me to the numbers and symbols page but then the settings button turns into the emoji one, which I can tap to access the emojis. Does yours not show that?

Does it happen in all apps? You can try finding the keyboard app in your Application Manager (you might have to select the 'Show all apps' option) and clear the keyboard's cache. If that doesn't work try clearing its data (just remember that this will probably delete all 'learned' words and will most likely reset all settings).

therealdeal7

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
That's odd, I still have it on mine. Also, when I tap the number/smiley key, it does take me to the numbers and symbols page but then the settings button turns into the emoji one, which I can tap to access the emojis. Does yours not show that?

Does it happen in all apps? You can try finding the keyboard app in your Application Manager (you might have to select the 'Show all apps' option) and clear the keyboard's cache. If that doesn't work try clearing its data (just remember that this will probably delete all 'learned' words and will most likely reset all settings).

Hi, thanks for replying. I actually tried that (tapping number key, but settings icon stays same) but it didn't work.

And yeah, keyboard is same on every app. I also tried Force stop and Clearing cache (55+mb) but it still didn't work.
Would wipe-cache do the work?

Cheers.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried wiping data from the keyboard app? Or clearing the cache on the Settings app? Not sure if you can, but what about uninstalling updates to the keyboard app and letting itself re-update?

therealdeal7

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi, SpookDroid.
I cleared the data including the cache, but it didn't help.

I'm not sure either how to uninstall updates of 'Samsung keyboard', there are only two options: Disable (can't tap on it, button grayed out) and Force Stop.
Force Stop didn't help too. It's version is 1.4.98, though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Same thing... Application Manager, look for Settings, clear cache/data. I know it sounds odd, but some posts have reported having issues with missing lockscreen options or microphone options on their keyboard and this seemed to help, maybe it'll do the same for the emoji.

Also, and before you do that, have you tried booting up in Safe Mode? Does the missing emoji happen in there too?

therealdeal7

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi SpookDroid,

I cleared Setting's cache. Did not solve the issue.
I also went to Safe Mode, but strangely problem is still there.

It is a very strange problem, I will try further to look about this problem and if I can't find the fix, I think I will format the phone, hopefully that's the only left option and it should fix the problem.

therealdeal7

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi.
I backed up apps, settings and other miscellaneous things to samsung cloud, google, etc and I did factory reset.

It worked. Thank you for your effort. Issue solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463