Screenshot_20170320-153118.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20170320-153113.jpg
    Screenshot_20170320-153113.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 34

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
also check all installed packages one by one.
Some packages have name "null" "."

I use Ghostery which is good blocking from adware servers. Also picked up a router with built-in firewall options, incl. adware.

Some AV programs are worthless, not all, most do take a performance hit.

Wish I could just turn off JavaScript. You could in one of your browsers. Though sites may not function. And open a tab for private anonymous surfing.

Most such warnings are fake. But very nasty adware. Again, Malwarebytes and boot in safe mode. MB site and forum to get more insight.

One reason to be current on security updates, one of Android's failings.

Use a cheap 2nd phone if you want to surf questionable sites.

There is some nasty malware hitting Android and routers. https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2...r_exploit_kit_goes_after_166_types_of_router/

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
This is why I like Ghostery, built with adblockers. And FAST! Malware is specifically targeting Chrome, too.

Example of ads blocked, can see what new ones are not (yet) and manually add.

52a1dfba844bf45d826a819fb4308897.jpg

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I had to do reset as wouldn't go away
But then I was looking on a site aboutnormal tv shows and happened again
I have ad block but shouldn't these anti virus with web shield pick this up? Eset didn't

blueangel63

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same pop up on my ZTE Blade V7 Lite several times before. The difference this time is that I couldn't remove the message as there was no x to press. It was trying to force me to follow the link (which I didn't). I ended up just turning the phone off and it cleared but I wanted to know how to stop this message hijacking my phone.

Kevin82485

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I was able to fix this on my Pixel 2 by going to Settings > Google Services & Preferences > Ads > Turned on opt out of ads personalization, and I also reset my advertising ID for good measure. Was happening in both Firefox and Chrome. I could not figure out how to stop this. I downloaded Malwarebytes and other anti-virus apps, reset app cache on both Firefox and Chrome, uninstalled apps that I thought might be the culprit, and even factory reset my phone, but it kept happening. Finally I came across this forum post over at Google's Help Forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/cCJTpaM-AhI

Basically scam advertisers are hijacking legit ads. Quoting from the post: "This is caused by a fraudulent google adwords advertiser using remarketing to follow us around sites that display adsense ads. They are using some kind of manipulative ad (which auto redirects to these sites without even clicking it). They appear to be cloaking the final url so Google don't notice"

Mind you this post is two years old and this crap is still happening, but after doing what I described above, so far I have not had any issues. I suggest reading AS797's other comments to get further understanding.

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed info. Helped me clear up wife's fear mongering ads. Also installed brave browser which also helped.
have a good one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781