FoxFi 7.1.2 Nougat not tethering on Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseDeLara

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys. So like a few of us out there I have the original, grandfathered, unlimited Verizon plan. I've been using FoxFi for a very long time now which has worked amazingly. Recently my phone, Samsung Galaxy S7, has been glitching, so I did the most recent update. Now the FoxFi app says the carrier will not allow tethering with the new updated version. Any solutions? BTW, I use 80gb-100gb a month tethering my friends and family. I already tried to factory reset it and it boots with the latest version. Thank you in advance.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. So like a few of us out there I have the original, grandfathered, unlimited Verizon plan. I've been using FoxFi for a very long time now which has worked amazingly. Recently my phone, Samsung Galaxy S7, has been glitching, so I did the most recent update. Now the FoxFi app says the carrier will not allow tethering with the new updated version. Any solutions? BTW, I use 80gb-100gb a month tethering my friends and family. I already tried to factory reset it and it boots with the latest version. Thank you in advance.

Factory reset won't change anything... It will just reload the latest software. I hate to pass judgement but putting all your friends and family on your hotspot is unethical.... It also may come under theft of service.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I also have the old unlimited plan. I only normally use around 8 to 10g per month. I also use FoxFi and use less than 1 to 2 gb every other month, so it doesn't pay for me to pay for Hotspot. I know I can save money on other plans but really do not want to give up my unlimited plan. I do not take advantage and use alot of data or tether to everyone, but would like to keep FoxFi working. Seems like Android locks more and more things down with every update, and I liked Android for the openness. Sad.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I also have the old unlimited plan. I only normally use around 8 to 10g per month. I also use FoxFi and use less than 1 to 2 gb every other month, so it doesn't pay for me to pay for Hotspot. I know I can save money on other plans but really do not want to give up my unlimited plan. I do not take advantage and use alot of data or tether to everyone, but would like to keep FoxFi working. Seems like Android locks more and more things down with every update, and I liked Android for the openness. Sad.

I'm pretty sure it's against the ToS for the plan you're on. Consider paying for it or changing your plan.

Clh95220

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Factory reset won't change anything... It will just reload the latest software. I hate to pass judgement but putting all your friends and family on your hotspot is unethical.... It also may come under theft of service.

Unethical? Really? How do you figure that? I use the data I contracted for, and I pay the amount invoiced. The FCC has ruled against Vs on many occasions. I worked for Vz for 11 years. I know that corporate culture. It is not one of ethics.

warriorpluto

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

The most dumbest thing I've read all year lmao. Another hater who doesn't have the grandfathered plan. Why don't people like you keep you ?????? out of other people business and stop judging

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Unethical? Really? How do you figure that? I use the data I contracted for, and I pay the amount invoiced. The FCC has ruled against Vs on many occasions. I worked for Vz for 11 years. I know that corporate culture. It is not one of ethics.

The most dumbest thing I've read all year lmao. Another hater who doesn't have the grandfathered plan. Why don't people like you keep you ������ out of other people business and stop judging

Again, this is the current forum policy regarding tethering on plans that don't have tethering included as part of the plan. : http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tethering-foxfi-pdanet-etc-carrier-plans.html

Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.