how was your Sprint M9 nougat update going?

taronba25

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my Sprint HTC M9 to nougat. It really wasn't that bad, runs fine so far and the battery life is a lot better. Anybody else have an opinion?

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, the first overnight was draining battery at 24% per-hour. Seems this was a very common occurrence on multitudes of other phones over the last 8-9 months.
The solution seems to be, resetting app preferences. Either from battery optimization page, or app page, hit the three dot menu, and reset all app preferences. After that, overnight, only used 0.7 % per-hour. This was a total of only 4% battery drain in 6 hours overnight. No longer was the Android OS the largest drain either. After reset, go to settings, storage, and clear all apps cache. This is the same as clearing app cache partition, without the elaborate procedure with the keys.

Funny thing though, not everyone was affected in the same ways. Many reports about troubles with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth mostly with Samsung units, which have a couple new settings that needed unchecked.

So today, so far, the phone, my m9, is performing just fine, and does seem a bit snappier. And I'm not completely sure, but either Sprint, or more likely HTC, added a few new app, like facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and what May turn out to be useful in some respects, Boost+. Especially for the app locking ability. But, there are other functions that could turn out to be helpful as well. Even though Jerry pop-pooed it the other day, mainly for its ability to act as a "cleaner booster" killing off running processes, which I agree, aren't needed.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante