Why does Nova Launcher stops S7 from working?

Wong-Kang

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm an owner of a Samsung S7 and uses Nova Launcher. A month ago I received the Nougat update.

First Incident
A week after getting Nougat my phone started to restart own its own( a reboot loop) the battery would overheat and the WiFi wouldn't work( It said in the quick settings menu that it was on but whenever I tried to get 'more info/detail' through the quick setting menu or the settings app). This would affect my daily life as I could only use data for internet access and the battery life would be horrendous. I solved the issue by factory resetting the phone

Second Incident
After a few days, the same thing happen again, however, the phone no longer did a reboot loop but still, the overheating problem and WiFi problem occurred. This time I didn't want to go through the process of factory reset my phone again. So, I went to the Samsung Service Center in my region where they replaced the battery and the main board. When it got back to my hand's again it worked fine.

Third Incident
Yesterday the same thing happen, so today I went back to the Service Center. After going through multiple troubleshooting test and experimenting they found that the problem was Nova Launcher( which was updated) and when they uninstalled it the phone started to work fine again.

I'm not sure if this time it will really last long so I need you experts to help me solve/find the problem to see if the Samsung engineers know what they are doing.
Sry for being so long winded just wanted to make sure you get all the info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci