Google Now Cards completely missing since S7 Nougat update

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been missing Google now Cards for months since the S7 update to Nougat. I used to hold the home key and my cards would show up. I also used to get flight updates and status alerts via Cards.

Now when I hold the home key, I get a google voice assistant popup that is useless. I could do all that before Nougat once I enabled voice detection.

I feel like a fool with this phone following the update to Nougat and it's been months. I don't generally have issues with phones like this that cannot be easily solved after updates. I don't know if it was Google, Verizon or Samsung that made this change and the various searches I've done and fixes I've tried resulted in zip.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Those cards you saw were part of Google Now On Tap... Google has deprecated On Tap and is replacing with Google Assistant. If you still want to access your cards, launch the Google app.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Launch the Google app then touch the "G" in the upper left. This will access the now cards. An extra step as compared to just holding the home button, but it you get used to it. I found this by accident.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Launch the Google app then touch the "G" in the upper left. This will access the now cards. An extra step as compared to just holding the home button, but it you get used to it. I found this by accident.

If you launch the Google App, you get directly into the cards. I think you are referring to hitting the "G" icon when you press on the Google Search widget on the desktop.

By the way, I suspect that Google may be adding these cards back to Google Assistant at some point. GA has already seen a few UI updates since it launched with the Pixel... things like Screen Seach, screenshots, etc... Direct text interaction is coming soon as well. So I suspect they are incorporating more of On Tap's functionality back into Assistant.

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all. I see it now. I found that once before but couldn't get it to provide me notifications like it used to. It used to parse my flights out of my itineraries sent to my Gmail and automatically update me on them starting a day out.

I went ahead and reconfigured my launcher to open the google app with the home key. That will have to do.

Maybe Google will catch up on the travel itineraries again and get me some updates instead of dealing with a bunch of 3rd party apps that are either ridiculous to configure, don't update or fall completely short of being useful. All the carrier apps are a joke since they all seem to use an application as a pathetic attempt to look useful but just end up redirecting you to their mobile website under the guise of useful application. I'd just assume not keep them installed and just login since they're pretty much useless.

Thanks again for the answers!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. I see it now. I found that once before but couldn't get it to provide me notifications like it used to. It used to parse my flights out of my itineraries sent to my Gmail and automatically update me on them starting a day out.

Not sure what's going on with that, bud....but I don't think it has anything to do with the Google Assistant swap out. I'm still getting all those updates and notifications and bill payment reminders, etc.