I am not happy with the newest upgrade. I have the same complaint as others in this forum. Has anyone uninstalled it and did you have any problems doing it?
    04-28-2017 05:43 PM
    You are not alone my friend..
    04-28-2017 07:48 PM
    Nougat has ruined Android for me. All the washed out icons make it too difficult for me to see. Not all of us smart phone users are young.
    04-30-2017 05:34 AM
    It's a disaster : We're going backwards Google
    removed cool features to introduce new-1s all
    in the Name of high teching the phones-Haha!

Blurring is the main issue it Look like
    they copy to the Developers of the
    new version of Ac.com

They should provide a button to get
    back to Previous OS..Do it soon!
    04-30-2017 06:25 AM
    You should be blaming whoever made your phone, not Google. Phone manufacturers alter the code to suit their devices. Running Nougat on a Nexus phone has been trouble free. I realize everyone needs to vent and I am not saying your problems aren't real, just that you need to complain to the OEM. They are the ones that provided the update.

The bottom line is if you aren't using a Nexus or Pixel device, you aren't running pure Nougat.
    hallux and pazzo02 like this.
    04-30-2017 06:39 AM
    You should be blaming whoever made your phone, not Google. Phone manufacturers alter the code to suit their devices. Running Nougat on a Nexus phone has been trouble free. I realize everyone needs to vent and I am not saying your problems aren't real, just that you need to complain to the OEM. They are the ones that provided the update.

The bottom line is if you aren't using a Nexus or Pixel device, you aren't running pure Nougat.

Amen. It is precisely because both Samsung and Verizon have gotten their grimy hands (Verizon's stock messaging app on 6.0.1 is just awful; I immediately moved over to Textra) on what would probably otherwise be a decent upgrade that I am staying with MM. This is the first time since I bought my GS3 ages ago that I have not jumped on the upgrade bandwagon. Every forum I visit is rife with the same complaints, and while the proof may be in the pudding, this pudding is not making it on to my Edge 7. I can just hear all the iPhone users snickering.....
    badcat likes this.
    05-04-2017 04:50 PM
    Amen. It is precisely because both Samsung and Verizon have gotten their grimy hands (Verizon's stock messaging app on 6.0.1 is just awful; I immediately moved over to Textra) on what would probably otherwise be a decent upgrade that I am staying with MM. This is the first time since I bought my GS3 ages ago that I have not jumped on the upgrade bandwagon. Every forum I visit is rife with the same complaints, and while the proof may be in the pudding, this pudding is not making it on to my Edge 7. I can just hear all the iPhone users snickering.....
    It's finally sunk in that I should stop buying Verizon phones and go the unlocked route due to the enormous amount of bloatware and some of the issues you raise. I will only buy unlocked phones from here on in.

You might be right about the iPhone being superior in that regard but I will never own one. In my opinion an unlocked Android phone brings you one step closer. At a minimum it takes the carrier out of the loop and that will never be a bad thing.
    05-04-2017 05:37 PM
    The nougat update on Samsung phones seems by far to be the most complained about everywhere.... they must have REALLY missed the boat with their color choices and other customizations.

If I had a sammy phone I wouldn't upgrade to nougat either.
    badcat and potatoguy like this.
    05-07-2017 07:35 AM
    The nougat update on Samsung phones seems by far to be the most complained about everywhere.... they must have REALLY missed the boat with their color choices and other customizations.

If I had a sammy phone I wouldn't upgrade to nougat either.
    Yeah it seems like something went way wrong there. Loads of complaints.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    05-07-2017 12:37 PM
    Gee just got a Tab A (2016) that comes stock with marshmallow, was wondering if nougat would be made available for it...after reading this it sounds like I should wait awhile for samsung to work the bugs out of the update. I have the nexus 5x and nougat runs great on it but it sounds like that may be because nougat is unadulterated on my phone unlike other brands that generally tweak or change things in the OS. That is my greatest objection to android, the way providers mess with stuff and the fact that you're generally at the mercy of the manufacturer or the phone provider for updates. I got google fi cell service they push out updates weeks before anyone else gets them and haven't had a single issue yet with that phone (investigate it, cheap cell service if you don't use a lot of data!)
    05-11-2017 02:08 PM
    To reap any benefit from nougat, you need to have a Google or nexus device. All others are hampered down by their OEM. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. And it's a shame too. I notice hardly anything different after my s6 edge updated to Nougat. All the bread and butter that make nougat excellent is limited to google and nexus devices . It sucks, but it is what it is. Hate having everything watered down by OEMs.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    05-11-2017 11:54 PM
    Gee just got a Tab A (2016) that comes stock with marshmallow, was wondering if nougat would be made available for it...after reading this it sounds like I should wait awhile for samsung to work the bugs out of the update. I have the nexus 5x and nougat runs great on it but it sounds like that may be because nougat is unadulterated on my phone unlike other brands that generally tweak or change things in the OS. That is my greatest objection to android, the way providers mess with stuff and the fact that you're generally at the mercy of the manufacturer or the phone provider for updates. I got google fi cell service they push out updates weeks before anyone else gets them and haven't had a single issue yet with that phone (investigate it, cheap cell service if you don't use a lot of data!)
    Yes, you are exactly right. I also have a 5X and it runs the lightest, most pure version of Android. Mine runs great, has been trouble free and on top of all that it gets monthly security patches. The monthly patches are pushed out to all Nexus devices no matter what carrier you use.

I also have a Motorola G5 Plus which runs a pretty clean version of Android but I'm afraid security patches aren't exactly a priority for Motorola.

It's too bad Google has abandoned the mid-range market.

As far as your tablet goes my Tab S2 just got updated to Nougat and it went well. No real issues on my end. Using a Samsung device shows me how much I dislike TouchWiz though.
    05-12-2017 05:28 AM
    I will jump on the bandwagon and say that Nougat ruined my S7. Was a great phone , but it is just garbage since the update, I hate it!
    I spend more time typing text as it couldn't learn a word if its life depended on it, constantly fixing words that it replaces and then replaces the word again after I have corrected it.
    The camera was great now it takes forever to focus.
    No other words to describe it other than hate the phone !
    05-14-2017 07:01 PM
    I will jump on the bandwagon and say that Nougat ruined my S7. Was a great phone , but it is just garbage since the update, I hate it!
    I spend more time typing text as it couldn't learn a word if its life depended on it, constantly fixing words that it replaces and then replaces the word again after I have corrected it.
    The camera was great now it takes forever to focus.
    No other words to describe it other than hate the phone !
    Try wiping the cache partition. If that doesn't work you might need to do a hard reset. Make sure you back everything up first. Samsung really seems to have screwed the pooch on this update.

As I've already mentioned updates on my Nexus 5X have been trouble free.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:55 AM
    To reap any benefit from nougat, you need to have a Google or nexus device. All others are hampered down by their OEM. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. And it's a shame too. I notice hardly anything different after my s6 edge updated to Nougat. All the bread and butter that make nougat excellent is limited to google and nexus devices . It sucks, but it is what it is. Hate having everything watered down by OEMs.
    Because I have a Samsung tablet I understand what you are saying. Samsung adds and removes things as they seem fit and it definitely alters the experience. If you want a more pure Android experience then it's either a Nexus or Pixel. Motorola comes in a very close second in that regard. They leave Android pretty much alone but then you are stuck with their terrible security patch support. My G5 Plus is still on the January patch.
    05-15-2017 06:02 AM
    You are forgetting the Z Force, and Z Play. Both have all the nougat features. Moto adds the display options. I don't use the display options but many do.

I believe the Z Play has some of the best battery life I've ever seen. It always makes me chuckle seeing battery tests from different "reputable" sites but not including a Z Play.

Z Force stands up to most of the "flagship devices". Sure it's not the 835 processor....its only the 820. Great screen, great camera too.

Once you start talking battery mods..........!!!!!!

I guess my point is there's more options than just just the Samsung, LG, and HTC choices.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-15-2017 11:12 AM
    You are forgetting the Z Force, and Z Play. Both have all the nougat features. Moto adds the display options. I don't use the display options but many do.

I believe the Z Play has some of the best battery life I've ever seen. It always makes me chuckle seeing battery tests from different "reputable" sites but not including a Z Play.

Z Force stands up to most of the "flagship devices". Sure it's not the 835 processor....its only the 830. Great screen, great camera too.

Once you start talking battery mods..........!!!!!!

I guess my point is there's more options than just just the Samsung, LG, and HTC choices.
    Z Play uses the mid-range 625 (not an 830).
    05-15-2017 01:07 PM
    Yep sorry if I wasn't clear on that....wasnt trying to say the Z Play is 830 just the Z Force.
    05-15-2017 01:26 PM
    This update pretty much ruined a lot of things on my phone. I have the Lg Stylo 2
    Its driving me insane..
    05-15-2017 01:42 PM
    Yep sorry if I wasn't clear on that....wasnt trying to say the Z Play is 830 just the Z Force.
    Oh. Well the Force uses the Snapdragon 820, not 830.
    05-15-2017 06:21 PM
    Oh. Well the Force uses the Snapdragon 820, not 830.
    Well........ You should have said that in the first place........fixed.
    05-15-2017 06:39 PM