Cellular and GPS signal issues post Nougat update on S7

sandra023

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but have others brought forth the cellular signal issues(missed calls, dropped calls) and gps (losing signal) issues with the Nougat update? I've hard reset the my S7, taken it too Samsung to run a diagnostic (which found nothing), it's clearly a software issue. Would you recommend rooting the phone and flashing 7.1? Or are people experiencing issues with that version as well? Thanks for your time

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Nougat forum to the S7 forum, since this is more likely to be a device-specific issue rather than a general Nougat issue.

Crootch

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Im experiencing exactly the same issues, have you found a solution?

Hi everyone,

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but have others brought forth the cellular signal issues(missed calls, dropped calls) and gps (losing signal) issues with the Nougat update? I've hard reset the my S7, taken it too Samsung to run a diagnostic (which found nothing), it's clearly a software issue. Would you recommend rooting the phone and flashing 7.1? Or are people experiencing issues with that version as well? Thanks for your time

Grace7ro

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm facing the same issue on my galaxy s7. I had gone to my carrier (att) and they ran a couple tests, coming to the conclusion that nothing was wrong with my phone.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I've also had issues, and had US Cellular check out the network - said all was well. Attributed it to the phone, so they sent a replacement. Some similar issues, but done trying new phones. Never thought about it being a software issue related to N ...
Haven't noticed anything with GPS, but then don't use it that much