Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Possible Virus - Play Store opens randomly to specific games/apps

Yes I got the same message! Stupid me thought it was something from Facebook but it's not. After clicking midway I decided to back out. After that I started getting this thing saying I had a virus and it opened to an app for Antivirus. I had to reset my phone. For a while it was fine but came back again. So I started looking at my apps. If u have music paradise download app delete it and any apps u haven't used in a while try that. Also delete your cache in the Google play store app. This to help me so far!

Got the same thing. Delete music paradise download. Should fix it!

I finally had enough and did a factory reset. I did not reinstall some of the apps I originally had installed. I have read that news apps install that script. So far I have not reinstalled any news apps even tho I read my local one daily. I did however lose some sprint apps that were preinstalled on my phone and found that strange. The only Sprint app I have now is kids mode, which I do not need, all other Sprint apps are gone, even those I used. Worth it if it stops those danged pop ups. I did lose some of my contacts even tho I had backed them up, but no big deal.

I had been getting random playstore popups, beginning when I start the device (S4). It was annoying, especially if I was in the middle of typing an email or playing a game. I viewed many of the posts in this thread, removed ebay which was the only app I had that someone else had listed. I then realized that it was MP3 Download that was causing random play store pop-ups. It was the last app I installed. I removed it, restarted and I haven't had any popups (just a couple of hours but I'm pretty sure). Of course I'll monitor this and, if it wasn't the problem, I'll report back.
    Thanks everyone for the helpful input.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678