Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Possible Virus - Play Store opens randomly to specific games/apps

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S6
    running Android Lolipop 5.1.1

I had this same problem. Google play store would open randomly, often times when i first unlock my phone. It is indeed Music Paradise app that causes it. Uninstall this app and it goes away. It's unfortunate because I like that app, so you can use it and ignore the popups, or uninstall it and fix the issue.

Ok I had the same problem, if you have Aptoide l, UNINSTALL IT. Secondly make an account for Lookout. Lookout should already be installed on your phone. Make the account and scan your phone. It should find a file (or many files) and ask you to uninstall it. If the file(s) it found just hame "" it's an unnamed file and just click uninstall. I believe now it will do a Deep Scan of the apps on your phone to find anything it missed. This worked like a charm on my phone and hopefully it will work for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by valgrom View Post
    The first time it happened I attributed it to a random android-brain-fart. I was on the android browser reading news online when all of a sudden the play store opened up directly to an app page for a poker game of some sort. Since then though it has happened at least 7 or 8 times at random. I don't really touch anything yet the app-store opens up to an app page and it's usually a game. I haven't seen the same game twice yet.

I have "Lookout" security installed which found nothing unusual. AVG Free found threats in the form of "the phone is rooted" and "USB Debugging is enabled", but no specific app.

The one thing that comes to mind where I might have given entry to a virus was an email from LinkedIn saying that some guy had invited me to connect with him. I didn't recognize the name (and had seen this email come in a couple of times already) so I decided to unsubscribe from the linkedin emails so I wouldn't get it again. Well as soon as I clicked "Unsubscribe" at the bottom, the browser started to open up and went to a ".ru" domain at which point I immediately backed out of it and ran a Lookout scan. Not finding anything I figured maybe I was being paranoid, but now I'm wondering if I'm infected.

In case it's pertinent here are the device details:

LG Optimus G Pro
    JB 4.1.2
    Rooted
    Kernel 3.4.0
    Build # JZO54K

Any help would be appreciated as this is not only annoying, but if there is malware there who knows what else it's capable of doing (or already doing).

Thanks,
    Mike
    I found out how to fix it. You downloaded something that gave a malicious app administrative rights to your phone. You have to go and deactivate the app from administrative rights and then uninstall. Mine did not have an icon for the app which is why is was a ******* **** to find.. but, no more stupid *** play store pop ups. Good luck.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789