Possible Virus - Play Store opens randomly to specific games/apps

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The bad guys who do this stuff in some cases has changed tactics. If uninstalling apps does not work then it may be a result of someone adding an addon to an existing app. One possible solution is to download "addons detector from play store. can be confusing to use, would suggest click "help" - top right & follow directions. If that does not help than possibly run Malwarebyte.
can also go to their website or forum & possibly get help.

Maezyj

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen, I offer a solution!

I went to settings security and had this android device manager as an admin that allowed google play to run my phone. So I unchecked it, since it was being ran by Google play store, and then I went into my applications manager from settings cleared the cache of Google play services, went into manage space and cleared all, and then forced it to stop. I also cleared the cache of Google play and forced it to stop. Doing this fixed my lgg2!

I did have music paradise pro on and had used secore antivirus to scan and it found it to be badware so I uninstalled it.

My problem came when I tried to get coins for castle clash I downloaded tapjoys realtor app and some phone boost app right off of Google play store, uninstalled both but then this problem started a day or two after.

Hopefully this solves your problem too!

Pete Sergent

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I got the same thing a few days ago. It happens when I click on an email or text message from the lock/notification screen on my Galaxy S 5.

I have searched for ads and ran the VZ Protect and found nothing. McAfee SiteAdvisor did warn me the link has malware.

Please help!
Mike

Uninstall the weather channel it worked for me after reading posts here

tee52

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing has worked for me. It still happens and is so dang annoying!! I have tried all the suggestions and nothing stops it! I down loaded CM Antivirus, let it scan and nothing was found. I also have Lookout installed but it finds nothing. CM AV is the only new app I have downloaded in months. The random opening started right after the Lollipop update. The only 2 games I have are Trivia Crack and Words with Friends and I have had those since I got my phone almost 2 years ago. I did however open ebay once on my phone and I read that has caused it to happen for some. I have deleted all personal data, cookies and cleared the cache plus cache partition. It still does it. I also use Firefox as my browser, still get the redirect to the play store. I do not have the music app nor the weather channel. Arrgggg I hate it!

Jasem Ali

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem , I tried to delete my recently installed apps, cleared play store cache and default, run macafe anti virus and clean master apps without single detection, still no progress, I notice it happens when I wake up my S6 from a long nap, just after I put my lock screen swipe , it opens a random play store app page. and some times it opens a web page saying I'm infected with a virus and it's recommended to download the promoted app. It's so annoying.:'(

Apache Jct

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I do not believe it is a virus I have used lookout and then CA Security which worked better. After trying all sorts of tricks I spoke to a goggle Technical support rep. and the outcome was to go to the application manager tool on my Samsung phone and find the Google play store app in running apps and clear the cache, then clear the data then force stop the app, or turn the app off. this is a pain in the *** but it works and when I need to install a new app I use the "Galaxy Apps" and as a last resort I will enable the Google Play Store get the app I am looking for and then go through the disable process again. I have not had any more malicious apps when I turn on or open my phone. I am waiting for a response to this issue from Samsung Tech support....

kriScythe

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
this happen to me lately.
i closed all running apps cleared cache.
i observed my running apps and noted what apps are normally running.
when the ad popped up again, i went back to the running apps and found the cause.

uninstalled "Simple MP3 downloader Pro"

Karl Dittman

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I have had this problem for about a week and I solved it today. I have an app named Ccleaner on my PC so I put the same app on my Galaxy S5. I ran Ccleaner plus I removed the last app that was installed on my phone named Oldify. I don't know if Ccleaner solved the problem or removing the app but it no longer comes up. Ccleaner clears all caches so that may have helped. Another user mentioned music paradise pro and that could be the problem because that app was the one I installed before oldify.

tee52

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not use Chrome and it has been turned off since I got the phone. I also do not have simple mp3 or other apps folks say was the cause. I have stopped the play store until I need it. My spouse found what caused the pop ups on his phone ad-x-co.uk however we cannot find where it is on the phone. He gets a pop up and that is briefly displayed before the game or whatever opens.

plargent

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Go to your play games app. Its the one with the green game controller. Go to notifocations and unclick all the game app notification allowances.

Shannon Wendt

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I also was having random annoying jumps to the Play Store.

I downloaded every anti malware app you can think of and none of them managed to evict my phones annoying tennant!

I have Google Play Games disabled and use Chrome as my browser.

Started looking through the Google menus and this seems to have solved the issue for me.

Go to Google click top right corner for drop down menu, click > settings > site settings > storage (bottom of list)

I went through and deleted any addresses that weren't familiar and havent had anymore annoying random screens!

Hope it works for you too!! ;)

jjboyce

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Same issue - my phone (S5) and may daugters (S3). No new downloads of apps for either of us - it just started happening. Mine will either take me to the app store or it will take me to a Chrome page that wants to take me to findforfun.com.
I really do not want to factory reset my phone. I have run the antivirus app and it has found nothing. I cannot even find a bogus app that may have downloaded to uninstall.
2 days ago I found two different apps on my phone that I did not download one was called 1taphibernate and the other one started with 1tap as well (can't remember what it was) when I went into my uninstaller they were not listed. I went through settings then to applications and remove it that way - they were not listed their either. Something is on my phone and it sounds like others as well and we need a solution.
I have attached a screenshot of the latest popup I received today. (findforfun) Screenshot_2015-08-13-12-28-27.jpg

Bryanna Rowe

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I've had this problem 2 different times. I have a galaxy S5 and tried out a different phone, didn't like it so I switched back. So both times on the S5 but I had master reset it in between. When I first started using the phone again it didn't happen at all so I figured the reset fixed it. But I lost so much the first time I've been avoiding resetting again until I have tIke to go thru and figure out how to save everything I have. So my boyfriend started having this problem the other day. Never has before. Our 7 year old had recently downloaded mortal combat on his phone so he thought it was that. But he's had mortal combat on my phone for a long time. I didn't see a connection with that. So I Google'D it a bit ago and read thru a forum and it seemed to get narrowed down to music download paradise pro. We both have that app. Further reading showed that 1person had went to the play store to her list of downloaded apps and it wasn't on that list even tho it was most Def on her phone. So I checked and so did my bf. Neither had it listed on our list of downloaded apps either. So we both went to delete it and in the app maanger on mine only it was on the list twice. So we've deleted it. Others said that fixed the problem. Hope this helps

Tjkovalewski

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen, I offer a solution!

I went to settings security and had this android device manager as an admin that allowed google play to run my phone. So I unchecked it, since it was being ran by Google play store, and then I went into my applications manager from settings cleared the cache of Google play services, went into manage space and cleared all, and then forced it to stop. I also cleared the cache of Google play and forced it to stop. Doing this fixed my lgg2!

I did have music paradise pro on and had used secore antivirus to scan and it found it to be badware so I uninstalled it.

My problem came when I tried to get coins for castle clash I downloaded tapjoys realtor app and some phone boost app right off of Google play store, uninstalled both but then this problem started a day or two after.

Hopefully this solves your problem too!

That is kind of what I did
I want to the play stores app info and went down to launch by default and disabled that and I also deleted music paradise pro and I think this solved it

tee52

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not have "site settings" on my Note 3, or none I can find. I had the adds stopped by the airpush opt out app then I downloaded a news app and BAM annoying popups are back. I cleared cache and deleted app but they are still there. It ticks me off.

I have done everything other than factory reset and I am about to try that altho I doubt that works either. I do not have many of the above mentioned apps and never have. I did get mine stopped by opting out of airpush however I downloaded the Washington Post app and that afternoon the popups were back. I deleted data, cleared cache and uninstalled app, still get them. I am beyond annoyed!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad