Might have a malware

Kasii

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
So I think my phone might be infected with a malware. I was bored and using the browser to just search for random things, and I think I might have accidentally clicked on something when my phone was lagging out. I didn't notice anything until later when I saw a notification that I just completed installing something. I don't remember what it said it just downloaded, because stupid me have already hit the clear button. I just know that I didn't download anything today. Which now have me concern because something was installed, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not on my phone's memory or microsd card. I even downloaded multiple antivirus app, and scan my phone for malware but nothing was found. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and there is nothing wrong, but then again my phone downloaded something without my permission and I don't know what it is. I feel like I am going crazy here. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Never mind, I found the app. So glad it was only downloaded and not installed like I thought it did, or I hope it didn't. I can finally not feel so stress out anymore.

Last edited:

Kasii

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Everything seems to be the same as usual. There is nothing different going on with my phone at the moment. I'm just going to go with that the problem is fix. I shouldn't stress myself out, wondering if my phone may have a malware that is secretly tracking me. But this incident did convince me that it is time for me to upgrade my phone from a crappy android 2.2 to the latest version.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Everything seems to be the same as usual. There is nothing different going on with my phone at the moment. I'm just going to go with that the problem is fix. I shouldn't stress myself out, wondering if my phone may have a malware that is secretly tracking me. But this incident did convince me that it is time for me to upgrade my phone from a crappy android 2.2 to the latest version.

I think that would be a good idea. What carrier do you have?

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Golfdriver. Upgrade if possible and Factory reset at the very least. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Kasii

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm with T-mobile and I prefer to just buy at full price instead of doing that down payment thing, but if it comes to it, I might just have to go with it. Plus there seem to never be a good time to buy a new phone. There seem to be a new phone coming out every month with better specs and such.

Yeah that is true, I should of done that right after I deleted the app. Cause for a while my phone would turn on or shut off by itself, at first I thought my phone was haunted, but then I realized it might have been the app. So after factory resetting it, everything seem to be fine. I'm just gonna hope that doing that resolve the problem.