1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Creating an intro screen and a few misc questions...

I am looking to create an intro screen that comes up before the actual application starts up. It's just going to be a jpeg image. It seems that App Creator doesn't give me the option to create additional screens to where I can have a "boot screen" of sorts. Am I overlooking something?

On a related note, the app I'm trying to create is going to be a database type of application. To give an idea of what I'm looking to do, it's going to be a card collector application where you would click on a year, and it would show you full screen images of all of the cards in the set. I want it to be able to be browseable by swiping side to side to look at all of the cards. I also wanted to make it searchable incase someone wants to see a specific card without scrolling through hundreds of cards. For those who have gotten pretty good with the software, does this sound possible? I appreciate the responses.

ROM
    CleanROM

I'm not up to it yet but one of the tutorials does go over creating a smallDB for an application. Just read the descriptions of the tutorials and it will describe which one goes over how to use the smallDB component.

I'm pretty sure that the app you're thinking of would be better written in the sdk no app inventor. It may be well beyond the current scope of the program.

splash screen --

Add a canvas, and a timer. When screen initializes, only the canvas (with your jpg as the background) is visible. When the timer fires, the canvas is not visible, and everything else is.

Your ideas for you DB UI are possible, but going to take a bit of magic with canvases and image sprites
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리