[APP][4.0+] RunSafe GPS Fitness & Safety App

sjalexandre

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
RunSafe is a full featured fitness and safety app with advanced alert and notification features that keep you connected to your friends and family in the event of an emergency. I built it after a scare I had earlier this year where my wife was out running with our son in a stroller and slipped on some black ice. She fell and the stroller slid to within inches of an ice cold creek. Thankfully they were OK, but it could've been a nightmare and I would've had no way of knowing they were in any kind of danger.

In addition to the standard features you would expect of a safety app (panic button, alarm siren, strobe light, audio recording, etc.), RunSafe enables you to set alerts to notify your contacts if you don't return within a specified period of time. If an emergency does occur, the system creates an Alert page to enable a community to quickly collect and process information essential in a search and rescue effort. In addition, there is a Community Alert feature so that you can report anything out of the ordinary. This information is used along with other data to notify others of potential security concerns in their vicinity.

RunSafe also includes all the features of a premium sports & fitness app such as tracking mileage, pace, calories, splits, etc.

I've included the app's main features below. I would appreciate any and all comments and feedback. Google Play reviews are always welcome as well!

You can find RunSafe on Google Play: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=me.runsafe.RunSafe&token=NihtE_fw

Thanks!

FITNESS FEATURES

RunSafe is packed with all the features that you would expect from a premium fitness app:

• Track multiple activities: running, walking/hiking, biking and rowing
  • Calculate distance, altitude, time, speed/pace, calories, and more
  • Display accurate, real time statistics during a workout
  • Rate and annotate your workouts
  • View splits and intensity graphs
  • View your routes on a map
  • Show weekly summary results of each activity
  • Share your workouts by email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

ALERTS & NOTIFICATIONS

In addition to all the fitness features, RunSafe includes a powerful alert and notification system:

• Add unlimited number of contacts
  • Designate certain contacts as "Primary"
  • Apply different alert settings for primary and non-primary contacts
  • Send email and/or text message alerts
  • Set start and stop notifications to let your contacts know when you've left and returned from a workout
  • Allow those contacts to view and track your workout in real time
  • Set time-based alerts to notify your contacts that you should've returned from a workout but haven't

PANIC BUTTON

If there's an imminent threat, RunSafe includes a PANIC button which does the following:
  • Immediately sends an alert to all of your contacts
  • Plays a loud siren to grab the attention of anyone nearby
  • Records several minutes of sound that become immediately accessible to your contacts
  • Activates your public Alert Profile which can be easily shared by your contacts to quickly mobilize a response to your emergency

ALERT PROFILE

In an emergency, every second counts. RunSafe activates your public Alert Profile whenever a Panic or Timeout alert is triggered. It includes:

• Your name, photo, age, gender, height, weight, etc.
  • A map with your last known location and any available tracking information
  • A comment portal which allows anyone to send information directly to your contacts

Community Alerts

In addition to responding to emergencies, RunSafe also empowers you and your community to prevent them from happening. It allows you to easily report any dangers in the area. This data is then used to notify others of potential hazards as they approach them. The report includes:

• Type and level of the danger (suspicious person, road hazard, wildlife, etc.)
  • Photo, location and description of the danger
  • Share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

home-320x480.png workout-options-320x480.png
workout-detail-320x480.png workouts-320x480.png
workout-map-320x480.png