[Android App] MyVote

MyVote

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I will present you my first application made by app inventor 2.
At the start, i have absolutly no competence in application development so the project was a bit dificult.

Origin of the project

The idea came to me myvote by made the following statement:

The referendum is a pretty interesting tools in a democracy. Unfortunately for many reasons this tool is never used. I do not think, i'am the only one with an opinion on a specific topic without possibility to express it.

In elections, we elect people who have a program, but we do not have the ability to support only a part of his program and another on his opponent.

Some subjects such as ecology or international relations must be thinking o an international view. However, the barrier divides opinions lange within state structures and thus can skew the results and opinions.

So I decided to create myvote to propose a solution to these problems.

Background and Progress

Myvote is an application combining a series of questions on various topics (Economy, Society ...). The questions and the answers are similar to those of a referendum.

For example. "Should we emphasize the fight against doping in professionnal sport?"

4 choices are offered: Yes, No, None, Invalid

None matches the none of the above.

Invalid means you can not answer the question proposed. Either because it is not specific enough, incomprehensible or wrong.

Then get access to the results of the questions which you have answered. The user can only vote a single time for each question. Once the deadline for past choices, it is no longer possible to vote and only results are available. If an issue is popular, a new referendum could be organized around this issue.

As you have probably realized, the application is multilingual. Questions are simultaneously translated in several languages ​​and the results are then combined. This means that user votes will put French or English in common. No distinction is made ​​according to the origin of the vote.

Through the menu "contact", any user can propose questions to be translated and submitted to the vote of the community.

objective

Short term goals are:

- The creation of an active and diverse community. The interest of the application is based on a significant number of people use it.

- Translation into Spanish and German.

- Improved functionality means, according to the returns that will be forwarded to me.

Medium term:

- Translation into Italian, Russian, Chinese and Arabic.

- Create a forum for discussion on each issue. This goal is on hold, many political forums already exist. But most are politically connoted.

Long term:

- Translation in the maximum possible language

The project and its originality

The project aims to bring together people from all political parties to stick to the nearest choices and aspirations of the people.

Some newspapers already offer survey on topical issues. But the readership of these newspapers generally being politicized, the results can not be considered representative.

The last point of demarcation is by offering the application in different languages.

The application is of course free, ad-free and apolitical.

Thank you for reading.
All comments and suggestions are welcome. you can contact us at the following address:
contact.myvote@gmail.com

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ventor.ai_jeanmaximebon.MyVote&token=DHlH2cAC
icon.jpg

JurajO

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest you to keep the description a bit shorter. But still, I think it's better to write too much than too little, one doesn't have to read everything anyway and on the other hand if someone's more interested so he can find out more. Regarding your application, I think it's certainly a good idea which can be useful from time to time.

MyVote

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

fernandmondego2525

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
My specialty is app marketing to an american audience.
Can I offer you a few tips?
Starting with "The Referendum" is not a strong start... big word most people don't use in their daily lives.

Something more simple like, " Every day we are presented with complex issues, and sometimes it's hard to take a stance. Like:

Then list your questions on doping, whatever, etc.

The next thing you need is an incentive for people to want to answer these questions. They are uncomfortable.

I think there is tons of room to monetize this idea. ie- sell the data to politicians and other researchers that want it. then the incentive to download is to offer rewards to the users. ie- for every question you get 5 points. when you get 1,000 points, you get a $5 amazon gift card.

Same model as Receipt Hog, only with tough demographic questions.

People elect to have their data sold for a prize, and companies will buy the data if you tell them you have it.
Thoughts?
I think there is a money idea here.

MyVote

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
My specialty is app marketing to an american audience.
Can I offer you a few tips?
Starting with "The Referendum" is not a strong start... big word most people don't use in their daily lives.

Something more simple like, " Every day we are presented with complex issues, and sometimes it's hard to take a stance. Like:

Then list your questions on doping, whatever, etc.

The next thing you need is an incentive for people to want to answer these questions. They are uncomfortable.

I think there is tons of room to monetize this idea. ie- sell the data to politicians and other researchers that want it. then the incentive to download is to offer rewards to the users. ie- for every question you get 5 points. when you get 1,000 points, you get a $5 amazon gift card.

Same model as Receipt Hog, only with tough demographic questions.

People elect to have their data sold for a prize, and companies will buy the data if you tell them you have it.
Thoughts?
I think there is a money idea here.

Thanks for the tips, i will take a think to all thoses ideas.

MyVote

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Myvote is an application combining a series of questions on various topics. The questions and the answers are similar to those of a referendum.
Questions are simultaneously translated in several languages ​​and the results are then combined. Any user can propose new referenda via the Contact tab.
Once translated, the referendum are submitted to the community.

The application is free, ad-free and apolitical.

Thank you for reading.
All comments and suggestions are welcome. you can contact us at the following address:
contact.myvote@gmail.com

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ventor.ai_jeanmaximebon.MyVote&token=HjjOsyyA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall