How to make an app found organically

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you're using the word "organic" differently than anyone else understands it, but ...

If you wrote a great app, send it to a lot of Android bloggers and let them write about it. If you wrote an app you think is great, but all your friends think the world can do without, come up with a better idea.

Something that will do all of Microsoft Office (without infringing on Microsoft patents and copyrights) for free doesn't need more than one mention in one blog to be downloaded a million times. Another Candy Crush game? Yawn. A paid app for which there are already a ton of free ones? You won't get a download. It depends on the app. How would Volkswagen advertize a car that gets 100mpg and costs €1500? They'sd mention it to someone and they couldn't priduce them fast enough. 10mpg and it costs €50000? That's nice, but who cares? It's the same thing with apps. If you have an app that a lot of people (hundreds of thousands) are really going to want, just a few mentions will get it going.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm not sure how the Play Store listings work exactly, but I do know from comments from other devs that it takes a couple of weeks to update or start showing your app in their listings. In that period, even searching for your exact app name won't show any results, so only having the exact link would work.

I'd say have patience, try to advertise your app as much as you can (you can post here if you abide by the dev rules for posting about apps) and try to get people engaged.

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
yes it's very frustrating those crickets! key words in the description are important for "organic" downloads and of course ratings and reviews. Try to experiment with keywords but dont overdo it. Does the main icon stand out when viewed in the search, is it descriptive?

Daxiongmao87

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
One thing is for sure, and many here will agree with me: to make your game noticed nowadays, is way harder than to create the game itself... :'(

I really hope that's not true, because i have such a hard time making games haha! It seems to be true so far, since I've released two games and one I think should have gotten a lot more popularity than it has.

Zoroastre

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Getting noticed is really the hardest part, there is so much apps out there!

Here is a list of things to do :
  • write a good description with keywords
  • add a video
  • add beautiful screens
  • create a good looking landing page, almost every popular app has one
  • contact bloggers
  • try small adwords campaigns, spend more money if you have a good conversion rate
  • talk about it on reddit
  • etc...

losyur

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
First I couldn't find my app, too! Now, I search it with name, it's on the top.
Once people download your app and give it a good mark, it goes up in the list!

Tweeky99

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
One thing that I've noticed in the app stores is that some apps have terrible cluttered logos/icons. When I search for a type of app in an app store, I find my eye is drawn to the clearer simpler logos rather than the ones that have lots of parts to them and too much text.

losyur

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
One thing that I've noticed in the app stores is that some apps have terrible cluttered logos/icons. When I search for a type of app in an app store, I find my eye is drawn to the clearer simpler logos rather than the ones that have lots of parts to them and too much text.
Yes, it has to be eye-catcher!

Inc Xoonity

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Read many web site about SEO.
Watch keyword that match every week, and change them.

At begining, use adword and Social Media if possible.

May be other things to do, for sure.

stellarowl12

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I would also ask a bunch of friends to share it on social media and post to various social media groups like Facebook, Linkedin, etc. Those have worked well for me to this point.

I tried a few different Facebook ad campaigns and didn't get many conversions out of it. I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

losyur

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I would also ask a bunch of friends to share it on social media and post to various social media groups like Facebook, Linkedin, etc. Those have worked well for me to this point.

I tried a few different Facebook ad campaigns and didn't get many conversions out of it. I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

I had some similiar experience. On Facebook it's worth promoting your app in groups with similiar interests.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2