New App : ActionWorks-Automate your phone

sigmacel

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
We have released ActionWorks as a free and paid app in the android market.

Free : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sigmacel.actionsworksfree
Paid : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sigmacel.actionworkspaid

What is ActionWorks?

ActionWorks executes Actions based on certain Conditions like (Application, Time, Location,Incoming & outgoing call,Incoming sms and phone state).

Conditions and Actions are organised in a unit known as a profile.A profile has a set of conditions and actions.When all the conditions in a profile becomes true action is executed.When any condition in a profile becomes false all the changes made are restored.

Some examples of what profile can do

1)Sample profile

Condition

Application : PDF Viewer launched
Time : 7p.m. - 11p.m.

Start action

Settings : Display brightness to max
Settings : Silent mode
Settings : Screen timeout to 10 mins
Phone : Reject incoming call
Reminder : "Wear your glasses"

End action

Reminder : "Remove your glasses"

When at home in between 7p.m. - 11p.m. and PDF viewer is started,display brightness is changed to max,phone is put on silent mode,screen timeout is changed to 10 mins,reject all incoming calls and a reminder "Wear your glasses" is shown in the notification panel.

When PDF viewer is not running or the time is greater than 11p.m. or location is not home , reminder "Remove your glasses" is shown in the notification panel.

2)Sample profile

Condition

Application : Maps launched

Start action

Settings : Enable GPS
Settings : Enable Data connection

When Maps application is started,GPS and Data connection are enabled.

When Maps application is closed, GPS and Data connection are restored to previous value.

sigmacel

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
ActionWorks automatically activates profiles and takes action based on following conditions

-Time
-Incoming and outgoing call
-Incoming Sms
-Phone state
-Airplane mode
-Bluetooth
-Battery
-Docking
-Headset
-External storage
-Power
-Screen on/off
-Usb
-Wifi

Total 51 actions can be taken

-Application start/stop
-Lock screen
-Phone
-Answer call
-End call
-Block outgoing call
-Divert outgoing call
-Automatically make a call
-Send sms
-Block incoming sms
-Forward incoming sms
-Reminder
-Almost all android phone settings
-Media
-Record voice
-Record video
-Take photographs
-Play audio

Any permutation and combination of conditions and actions can be built.There is no limit to number of conditions or actions.

davidsol1000

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the free version and have had mixed results it seemed to work fine for a couple of days and now I have problems e.g. When I come to my office, using the office address as location, it is programmed to tern off 3g, start WIFI and lower screen brightness to minimum but today it has done the opposite of all these items i.e. turn on 3g, close WIFI and increase screen brightness to automatic. When I have have manually overrided these settings, it quickly reverts back. if this problem can be resolved, I will buy the app because it's very good, but it seems to have some bugs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15