Best Replacement GALLERY app?

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Samsung Infuse and for all the slow stock apps that come installed (like Messaging), I easily found a speedy replacement (Go SMS Pro) in the market.

However, the sluggishness of the gallery really bothers me. It seems like it has to re-load my memory card's photos every time it opens, and even when loading a picture from an MMS in full screen, it takes about 15 seconds to render-- to long IMO.

I don't really care about the eye candy of the app necessarily, but is there a FAST functional gallery replacement that could help me so I can freeze the original with BloatFreezer?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick Pic is almost exactly like the HTC gallery (or appears to be to me), so maybe I'm missing why people like it so much. I actually like Fish Bowl.

tcat007

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Never looked at Fish Bowl, looks cool, thanks! If it had the ability to set different photos on each screen as wallpaper it'd be great, (I could drop Quickpic and Multipicture WP). Quickpic does work great and is a fairly small app (important on an unrooted Optimus).

mclaine

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I like MyPics. Quickpic is good, but does not support web albums. I have used HTC gallery for Picasa and Facebook albums but now I use MyPics. It is as fast as Quickpic but with web albums support. I am even able to download my favorite albums to SD!