Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Infused 1.5

Default Best Replacement GALLERY app?

I have a Samsung Infuse and for all the slow stock apps that come installed (like Messaging), I easily found a speedy replacement (Go SMS Pro) in the market.

However, the sluggishness of the gallery really bothers me. It seems like it has to re-load my memory card's photos every time it opens, and even when loading a picture from an MMS in full screen, it takes about 15 seconds to render-- to long IMO.

I don't really care about the eye candy of the app necessarily, but is there a FAST functional gallery replacement that could help me so I can freeze the original with BloatFreezer?

Quickpic. No question.

ROM
    ATT 4.5.91 GB 2.3.4

Default Re: Best Replacement GALLERY app?

JustPictures is decent as well

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I like Quickpic.

quickpic! I used just pictures. it's fine, but really slow to load up
    GS3 (Sprint)
    google+
    http://gplus.to/twitch88

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quickpic and Gallery 3D

QuickPic is the only way to go. I deleted the stock Gallery app and QuickPic is the only one I run.

Another vote for quickpic
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quick pick

Quick Pic is almost exactly like the HTC gallery (or appears to be to me), so maybe I'm missing why people like it so much. I actually like Fish Bowl.

Never looked at Fish Bowl, looks cool, thanks! If it had the ability to set different photos on each screen as wallpaper it'd be great, (I could drop Quickpic and Multipicture WP). Quickpic does work great and is a fairly small app (important on an unrooted Optimus).

I like MyPics. Quickpic is good, but does not support web albums. I have used HTC gallery for Picasa and Facebook albums but now I use MyPics. It is as fast as Quickpic but with web albums support. I am even able to download my favorite albums to SD!

Another vote for Quickpic!

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX