Facebook app having issues?

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
my facebook app on my htc inspire is having issues, it shows the newsfeed but its all mixed up and not in chronological order, for example a post from 3 days ago will appear at the top of the feed rather than the newest update. i checked the app on my samsung captivate and its the same issue. i cleared the cache and cleared the data on both phones and it worked like normal for a little while but is now doing the same thing. anyone else having this problem?

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
My newsfeed in the app was acting all funky. I just noticed that there was an update to the app which seems to haave fixed it for me

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
yea i saw the update but still no luck for me on either phone, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same deal, it will work the first time i open the app but when i close it and go back into it, its all out of whack.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The way the news feed is handled is weird. It looks identical to the mobile site. And here's what I've found:

I uninstalled the app and re-installed. The old news feed was initially there. Then, the new news feed appeared the next time I looked at it.

And I believe I've figured out your issue. The new news feed allows both news feed types. On the top right corner you can select Top news, most recent, status updates, photos, Links, pages, events, and videos.

My guess is your is selected to top news instead of most recent which is what your looking for.

stevo82

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
....well i feel like an idiot, haha, that indeed was the issue sir! cant believe i overlooked that, thank you for your help!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
....well i feel like an idiot, haha, that indeed was the issue sir! cant believe i overlooked that, thank you for your help!

I can see how you did, lol. It looks identical to the way it looked before there was an option. Except now there is that "line" simulating it's a button. Which is hard to distinguish when you don't know it's there in the first place and was never.

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad u got yer issue sorted. I didn't :-( the Facebook app just doesn't work for me. In fact, it failed at a rather crucial time. Everytome I opened the app, it told me I had no messages. One day, I go to the site and find that I had a message FOR SEVERAL DAYS. It really sucked because it was the type of message that if u don't answer it rout away, it looks like u were trying not to respond :-( I don't use the app, anymore. I saved a bookmark to my homescreen and just tap that instead now.

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Since the update, my Facebook force closes every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. When I uninstalled the update, it loaded, but won't update my newsfeed. I guess it's Seesmic for me!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, my Facebook force closes every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. When I uninstalled the update, it loaded, but won't update my newsfeed. I guess it's Seesmic for me!
Have u gone into manage applications and cleared cache and app data

Reactions: bhameyedoc

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just another reason I am trying to get all my friends over to Google+. Their first try at their app is better by far than the newest Facebook app.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just wish there was a way to default the selection to most recent as opposed to top news. Everytime I close the app it goes back to Top News when I reopen it.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I just wish there was a way to default the selection to most recent as opposed to top news. Everytime I close the app it goes back to Top News when I reopen it.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this? It's so annoying to have to change from "top news" to "most recent" every time. If I check "most recent," it will stay that way for a few minutes, but when I check 30 minutes or an hour later, it's back to "top news."

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Everyone should just save themselves the hassle and move over to Friendcaster for their facebook app. I'm sick of the official app being worthless. I paid for friendcaster pro and haven't looked back

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Everyone should just save themselves the hassle and move over to Friendcaster for their facebook app. I'm sick of the official app being worthless. I paid for friendcaster pro and haven't looked back

Does froendscaster pro sync DB contact phone numbers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15