Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Browser

I am an avid Firefox fan on the PC. However, I am curious what is the best browser for mobile? I have used Opera before and I have Firefox installed but if something else is better and faster please let me know. :-)

Thanks!
    - Mark
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Default Re: Best Browser

Give Dolphin HD a try and see what you think. There is also a mini version as well.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Dolphin, Opera, Firefox, Skyfire, Miren, Xscope and Boat Browser are amongst the most popular -- in no particular order, of course.

I myself am an Opera guy, but that's just me

Opera Mobile 11.1 is what I use. It doesn't use webkit like every other browser other than FF. On every benchmark I run i it scored higher than any other browser I tested. Mainly this is because its not a shell of the stock browser and contain hardware accelerators.

Another good thing is if you use Opera on your PC, you can sync them both together.
    JBSourcery powered Gnex

I've used every browser out there. After a couple of days, I always come back to the stock browser.

I tried Opera and Dolphin.. I am currently using the stock browser on my Photon. So far, it seems to be okay. I would like better control over the size of fonts, though. Some screens are infintesimal. I can increase the font size so they are merely small, but then other screens have enormous letters.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I haven't seen a reason to go out and look for another browser yet. So I still use stock!

I have been wanting to try Firefox and Dolphin HD.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Last night I ventured over to Boat Mini -- yes, my trusty ol' Hero can't handle the full version -- and have to admit its pretty good. I don't like the stock browser one bit...but that could be a result of low specs on a 2-year old phone :P

I've been using Miren for the last couple of weeks. It has the cleanest UI of any browser I've tried, and has been pretty snappy on my Moment. I tried Opera, and while it was fast it had a tendency to freeze up on several of my most viewed sites.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    doc69 likes this.

I like Dolphin HD

I have just the stock browser and Dolphin HD. For some reason I keep coming back to the stock browser. Just seems just as fast to me and simple.

I do like the gesture feature in Dolphin, that is pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseMT4G View Post
    I have just the stock browser and Dolphin HD. For some reason I keep coming back to the stock browser. Just seems just as fast to me and simple.

I do like the gesture feature in Dolphin, that is pretty slick.
    I'd probably stick with the stock browser as well if it had tabs. The lack of that feature just drives me bonkers any time I use it.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Skyfire by a mile.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Serendipity VII

Maxthon is fast and offers a PC-like experience

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I have boat browser, ucweb, and xscope on mine and love them all!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I have tried several now and I seem to have settled on xScope. I like how fast it is and the way the tab browsing works.
    - Mark
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Stock browser for me....I tried a few other the others (Opera, Dolphin HD), and like gilbequick said...I always come back to stock.

ROM
    ATT 4.5.91 GB 2.3.4

Been trying out Xscope recently since it was the amazon app the other day. It's pretty snappy, but it seems ot have issues on pages when I need to input text into a field, it just brings the keyboard up over the text field, and doesn't let me scroll the page at all.

I love Dolphin HD, and it has the lastpass plugin which is very useful for me, so that is my browser of choice.

Xscope has a nice layout but like u said there def are glitches.... video plays on top of EVERYTHING and like you said, some text input issues. Its no longer the fastest either.

That title goes to Opera Mobile (full browser) which contains hardware accelerators. Downside since its not a popular PC browser and sites arent optimized for it some websites dont render right with it.

Dolphine 6.1 is slightly slower but IMO as of right now is the best to use. I am looking forward to Xscope 7,0 tho.
    JBSourcery powered Gnex

I use Dolphin HD but would use Opera if it didn't have issues with the Disquis comments system used on many sites.

I've been using the stock for a while, but am really enjoying Dolphin HD as of late.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I like stock, and boat browser and boat browser mini

On my nook color cm7 I use opera mobile. As others have stated it uses hardware acceleration and is a lot smoother than other browsers on the nook color.

On my Droid x I used the stock browser for a while but decided to try out some other browsers including opera mobile, miren, and dolphin HD. I seem to have settled on dolphin HD for now because of the swipe gestures, tabs, and android user agent.

To give you an idea of my usage pattern, I have about 4 or 5 sites I visit regularly and they are all mobile versions. I do not enjoy viewing full desktop formatted sites on my mobile devices and try to find mobile versions whenever possible. The single glaring thing I can't stand about opera mobile is that there is no native support for android user agent, so when you visit mobile versions of sites they don't format as well as stock or stock based browsers. It's bearable on my nook color because of the larger screen and because I'm willing to trade speed performance for page formatting (the nook is slower than the Droid x) .

Hope that helps!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I use Opera but i switch back to stock every now and then.

Aaaaand I'm back to stock. Haha! One thing I came to realize is that it appears that most of these browsers (except opera) use the stock browser engine and just add their own skins and ui tweaks on top. Great if you like their tweaks, but they appear to slow down performance when compared to the stock browser. Also, I came to realize that tabs really aren't all they're cracked up to be, at least for me on a mobile browser, and other little behavior issues. For example, when I click the back button in the stock browser it takes me to the previous page AND the place in the page where I was. When I click back in dolphin it takes me to the TOP of the previous page. Irritating.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast