App to set up sound/notification profiles like BlackBerry?

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of options if you search for profiles apps. They're not quite the same as they are on the BB as alerts are not fully centralized but they do offer functionality that the BB didn't have.

kanpope

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So, this may be a silly question but what it the point of Night Ranger? Are you just looking for something that will silence all calls except from certain people? Is that the only objective? I am just curious about what profile apps will do for me.
Thanks!

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I use "Profile." You just create various profiles with the notifications set to one volume, ringer set to another, media set to another, etc. Then, create times at which these profiles become active.

There's also a whitelist addon so that people can still get through to you when the ringer's off.

adambpsu

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I use Quick Profiles (and upgraded to the Pro version). Allows custom profiles that can change ringtones, notification, volume, settings (i.e. bluetooth, wireless, etc), and others. Pro version adds ability to assign custom icons to each profile, which makes it even better because a profile's icon becomes the widget icon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech