1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default checkbook register app

i was wondering if there was a good checkbook register type app to keep track of my transactions on the go. i have not looked as i dont get my phone for 11 more hours! haha thanks for the info guys

Cashew is pretty good and it's free.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

thanks i will be sure and check it out! just need a simple way to add transactions and have a running balance total. and jeez 10 more hours cannot wait to dump my storm 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch81 View Post
    i was wondering if there was a good checkbook register type app to keep track of my transactions on the go. i have not looked as i dont get my phone for 11 more hours! haha thanks for the info guys
    Mint seems to be great by most users but I had problems with it not letting me login to the app but I could on the website. You may be one who has no problems with it. It links to your bank and other accounts to give you live balance info. plus most other features you need. It's in the Market for free.
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

I honestly use Loot. It's simple and straight-forward, can handle multiple accounts, and you can even set certain transactions to repeat on certain intervals.

I use EasyMoney. It is a paid app but it's the closest thing to iBank (iPhone app I used to use) I could find. I absolutely love it and it has a built in bill reminder if you do choose to use it.

Being an accountant, my standards are little higher than most. I tried just about all the checkbook apps and found them all to be solid performers, but short on the extras I wanted. I was hoping for some budgeting and projections that didn't just tell me how much cash I had today, but how much of that was free to use (as in not earmarked for bills, rent, groceries, etc).

I just signed up for Mint and so far I am impressed. I was reluctant to give my bank login info, but once I found out they were Intuit (Quicken, Quickbooks) I felt better. Their budgeting tools are easy to use. There is a lot there so I'm still learning all the navigation, but so far so good.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

im very reluctant to give my bank info, as for just a basic register with a running balance loot seems to be best so far! as for more features only other feature that loot doesn't or im not sure if it does or not would be a bill reminder to pop up and let me know one of my bills is due soon

After looking around a bit and being unable to find an app that would project a running balance per transaction, as opposed to a posted/ending balance per account, I sat down a wrote a rather simple app myself.

Give it a shot. It doesn't include scheduled or memorized transactions yet, or reporting, but that's coming. It does allow you to export to XML and email it. I use that for backup purposes, but will probably be upgrading the app to backup to the google cloud once my phone gets upgraded to 2.2.

market://search?q=pname:com.netdonkeylabs.NDL_Cashflow

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul_aka_paul View Post
    Being an accountant, my standards are little higher than most. I tried just about all the checkbook apps and found them all to be solid performers, but short on the extras I wanted. I was hoping for some budgeting and projections that didn't just tell me how much cash I had today, but how much of that was free to use (as in not earmarked for bills, rent, groceries, etc).

I just signed up for Mint and so far I am impressed. I was reluctant to give my bank login info, but once I found out they were Intuit (Quicken, Quickbooks) I felt better. Their budgeting tools are easy to use. There is a lot there so I'm still learning all the navigation, but so far so good.
    I don't consider Mint a checkbook register app. It just shows the bank's side of the story and only transactions that have cleared.

People really should keep their own register and reconcile it to the bank's records at least monthly.

I am using mint and money currently.

Mint: does only shows what cleared. On website you van also see pending balance but not on the app which is frustrating.

Anmoney I use to keep track of everything. It works well enough and is similar to cashew just with the option to install default categories and sub categories.

I am still missing checkbook from palm OS. Some of these still seem like to many buttons to get basic stuff done.

Easy money is still my fab so far but is expensive for the feature set and pic issues people have when upgrading. I am waiting for splash money from the old palm days or quick money think it was winmo. Both had a Windows app so you could fill it out both ways.

I am did a search for "mobile checkbook" and this is one of the results it showed so I'll post my question here. I am looking for a checkbook register app that works like "mobile checkbook" by mobatech on BlackBerry. I don't need it to have access to my account, I basically want the app version of the register in a checkbook. It only uses the information I enter into the app, just like a paper register. I just don't carry around a checkbook, but still need to keep up with my transactions. The app can be free or paid.

If anyone knows of a good one please let me know. Thanks.

Lightbulb Re: checkbook register app

I'm new to Android having migrated over from iOS. Didn't use a check register app on iPhone but would like to have one now. Looked at several but all seem to be basically the same. What I would like is for a developer to create a check register that would allow you to scan receipts and deposits in and post them and deduct or add to balance automaticaly. I'm not an app programmer, so I wouldn't have a clue how to go about this, but it would seem to me that with the ability to scan on smartphones now, it could be done. It would also need to allow you to enter manually if need be, and of course, allow editing. I'm not talking about a financial app here, just a simple app that will automate the process. Just throwing an idea out there for developers. If I have to take the time to manually input into a check register app, why not just go ahead and write it into a regular old check register?

Default Re: checkbook register app

Checkbook Pro does it for me. Multiple accounts, ability to view reports and looks just like a paper register.