1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is Latitude so far off in locating people?

The wife is sitting right next to me right now with her phone on but Latitude has her miles and miles away. It usually shows my position pretty accurately but it's always way off on her location.

Is there some kind of adjustment/upgrade that needs to occur before it reports with more accuracy? I've "refreshed" but still the reading is WAY off.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does she have problems with GPS normally? I've also read that Latitude usually doesn't update location very frequently, was it putting her in a place that she had been to that day? Also, what phone does she have?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    Does she have problems with GPS normally? I've also read that Latitude usually doesn't update location very frequently, was it putting her in a place that she had been to that day? Also, what phone does she have?
    She has the Eris.

Per your suggestion, I checked the GPS settings and they were turned off. Now it works. Thanks!

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah, she can leave the GPS on, however, battery life will suffer with apps like latitude that pull GPS periodically (but you already know that )

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

my wifes eris does same thing i dont think the eris does very well with google latitude.. because the moto droid is dead on so is the incredible