1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP-JB/CM10

Default Noob question: AIM/Facebook at the same time?

I'm 10 days into my ownership of the HTC Incredible, and have been trying to figure out how to get the official AIM app to log me into both AIM and Facebook Chat? Is this possible? If so, how?
    this body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    embrace this moment. remember, we are eternal; all this pain is an illusion.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

It's supposed to. There's even a thread about it somewhere in the forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP-JB/CM10

I tried searching for it, but because "AOL" and "AIM" are only three letters, the search engine just gave me every Facebook Chat thread...

At any rate, I found out the solution: log in from the web browser with your AIM account, then click Connect With Facebook.
    this body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    embrace this moment. remember, we are eternal; all this pain is an illusion.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

You could also use the Meebo IM app, it allows you to log into a bunch of different IM services at one time (AIM, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, etc) all in one application. You can also access it from the web. I don't even install AIM and the different IM clients on my desktop anymore.

You can check it out at

I use meebo too. FB chat is hit or miss. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't.