Google Maps and saved maps on Droid Incredible

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
New to android for about 2 weeks (Droid Incredible and NEVER going back to my blackberry) and had a question about Google Maps.

Went onto the actual Google Maps website with my computer and created and saved some maps. My thought would be that I could do all the leg work on the computer, by creating directions and such, but then be able to actually pull them up on my phone's app.

I loaded up the app this morning and wasn't able to find any of my saved maps. With all that Google has going on, one would think that I should be able to do what I am looking to do, but I can't. I assume I am just too new to the way of android to know exactly where to look.

Can anyone shed some light on this one for me? Can I do things like this, or does all of the work need to be done from the phone??

Thanks

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a dumb question to ask, but is there a way to log into google fromt he google maps application on your phone? Sounds like that might be the culprit. Or maybe it hadn't synced yet or something.

I really don't use google maps on my phone much...I have it installed but i don't think i've actually used it yet, because my car has in dash gps anyways..

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Try going into Layers in the Google Maps app. Select More Layers and see if your maps are there.

Just don't expect Google Maps Navigation to give you directions and voice prompts with your maps though.

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Try going into Layers in the Google Maps app. Select More Layers and see if your maps are there.

Just don't expect Google Maps Navigation to give you directions and voice prompts with your maps though.

And there it is. The more layers trick worked. I figured it had to be in there somewhere, but since I am still working on figuring out the whole Android way of thinking, I just didn't see that. Thanks..

Another question since we are all here, the navigation part of your statement, I am assume the voice prompt and such only works from the "Car Panel" section correct? I did a little playing around, and it doesn't look like I can bring over the saved maps..hrm.. Need to try digging in a little deeper and see how I can make that happen.

Thanks for the advice though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez