Best weather app

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I tend to use my web bookmarks more than I do widgets -- most widgets consume battery whether you're actively using them or not. The web is simply on demand.

The best weather site I've found on the web - by far - is www.wunderground.com (Weather Underground). Great maps and radar selection, and they have a mobile version as well if you prefer to use it rather than the desktop browser version. Highly, highly recommended. Would be absolutely must-have if they had a widget for it.

I do a lot of mountain biking up in NC and down here in SC and use this all the time to see where the rain is, where to ride, and get an idea of how much time I may have until the rain or the front moves in.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I use WeatherBug elite and I think it's great. Much better UI than the weather channel and the widget is a lot better too. You just have to be sure to back out of it rather than press home to get out or it will suck up a lot of juice.

disasterinc

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I agree with o2bnclemson, weatherbug mobile (i.wund.com) is awesome. Their mobile site was designed for the iphone, but it works great on the droid. Weatherbug elite is my second choice. I find the weather alerts and animated customizable radar in weatherbug elite very useful.

rbiowa

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
When I clik on the link for Beautiful Widgets I get 'access denied'. Also, I can find Beautiful Widgets #2 in the market but not Beautiful Widgets (#1). Help!

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
When I clik on the link for Beautiful Widgets I get 'access denied'. Also, I can find Beautiful Widgets #2 in the market but not Beautiful Widgets (#1). Help!
HTC is hounding the Beautiful widgets developer because it used to look like the HTC widgets. Even after he redesigned the appearance to not resemble HTC's design, they told him to pull the app until they review it. So I'd just wait for a while. It'll be back, I'm sure.

bahbah

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I use Weatherbug. I like the real time updated temps in the notification bar that I can always see. This way I can keep the widget off my main homescreen and use that space for something else.

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking for a new weather app, thanks for the heads up about Palmary!

I just installed it and like it alot so far. It has a nice look and lots of weather data. Reminds me a bit of Fizz Weather for iPhone.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've been looking for a new weather app, thanks for the heads up about Palmary!

I just installed it and like it alot so far. It has a nice look and lots of weather data. Reminds me a bit of Fizz Weather for iPhone.

Just needs a widget now...

CRT

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I have been looking to move from my BB Tour to the Droid but I am concerned about why the Droids I have tried out can't animate the radar on my local news station website. Even my old BB 7130 showed animated radar. I tried the Storm 2 but for some reason it can't animate radar either. I am an athltic director for a school an use radar all the time at sporting events to track storms. From reading previous posts, I see that some weather apps have animated radar, but is there a way to get regular website radars to work? This is a must have for me. Thanks!

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
CRT, I thought I had a solution for you but it turns out it did not work. I use AccuWeather URLs in which I pass the necessary parameters for location, resolution, etc. - this used to work on my BB S1 but the animation is not working on my stock browser (the only browser I have).

CRT

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
CRT, I thought I had a solution for you but it turns out it did not work. I use AccuWeather URLs in which I pass the necessary parameters for location, resolution, etc. - this used to work on my BB S1 but the animation is not working on my stock browser (the only browser I have).

DeeMat- thanks for the effort! Hopefully animated radar capabilities will come with future OS updates!

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

mjaydakid

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
When I had my BB, I used Weatherbug. I liked it a lot. I was so happy to find it for the 'Droid, that I paid for the elite version. I love this app. Especially here in tornado alley. I also keep track of the weather in my son's and daughter's cities. I don't think it does anything better than any other weather app, but I am use to it so I use it.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
When I had my BB, I used Weatherbug. I liked it a lot. I was so happy to find it for the 'Droid, that I paid for the elite version. I love this app. Especially here in tornado alley. I also keep track of the weather in my son's and daughter's cities. I don't think it does anything better than any other weather app, but I am use to it so I use it.

Does the elite version have animated radars?

mjaydakid

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the elite version have animated radars?

Yes. and it is pretty accurate in both the 3g and gps mode. I used it to time my daily constitutional, hoping to sneak in 2 miles before the storm. I made it and as indicated on the radar, it rained soon afterward.