Group chat via SMS

raqdroid13

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all!

I am a soon-to-be-former-Blackberry-user anxiously awaiting my Samsung Galaxy S 2 to be delivered this week. I'm so excited to be getting my new phone that I'm up at 2 AM making a list of apps to put on it as soon as it's in my clutches.

One app that I'm having difficulty finding is one that does group chat via SMS. I need it to be able to send SMS messages to everyone in a group, and have any replies go to everyone in the group, WITHOUT requiring everyone in the group to have the same app installed (which is why I mentioned "via SMS").

I've searched the Android Market and Android Central, and the closest I've found is GroupMe, but I'm a little confused. The description sounds exactly like what I need, but some of the reviews say other users also need to have the app.

Can someone who uses GroupMe clarify? Or does anyone have recs for another app that does what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

fdossantos

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm here hunting for something similar, but this seems to be a tall order. Most SMS apps and regular phones can send group messages via SMS, but hitting reply and having that reply go back to all seems to be a bit complicated.

GroupMe does this, but it's cleaner and much easier if all those in the message thread use GroupMe as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1