MailDroid vs K-9

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

No actually I meant it doesn't show as replied to (the little arrow) in Maildroid or in Outlook/Thunderbird after I reply to a message from Maildroid.

Mike

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@mscalero: Correct, it does not show the flag yet (that you replied or forwarded an email). I have not heard many requests for this.

@Eazy123: MailDroid will do that

@qdroid: I guess that is a good thing ;-)

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
maildroiddev - definitely a great thing

In fact, it's working a bit too well in that it's pulling mail from imap faster than thunderbird has a chance to file messages based on my filter rules. I guess there's no way to avoid this since it's pushing mail while thunderbird is basically on a poll basis right? Perhaps a feature ( if it doesn't exist already) would be to sync up what's on maildroid's inbox with what the imap inbox looks like after thunderbird or any mail pc client files the messages away into another folder?

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
@mscalero: Logged and added to the ever-growing list ;-)

@qdroid: I actually have heard that it is pushing faster than thunderbird can really handle. I have ignored it for now, but I can push it up on my list

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have not read through this thread yet so I may be missing something..

I just tried this program. Looks very promising!

I want an Archive button! I don’t see a way to archive an Email. This is also missing in K-9.

I would like grouped conversations but I can live without that if need be.

I need to see Gmail Folders which this does, good job!

I would like an integrated inbox but that is not as important as long as there can be a very easy way to switch acts. Right now it is 3 clicks. Maybe a small X at the bottom corner of the main screen or even better maybe put a small button task bar (maybe user definable) at the bottom where the ads are now.

If it just gets an Archive button and a way I can pay so I don't have to look at ads, I will check it out again.

Keep up the good work! It is GREAT to have options...

Last edited:

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
ok...

maybe I am a little lost here....

I am in need of almost 24/7 availability... So email is an must....

But, I use my phone for email only when away from my laptop.... and once I get the email there, i have no further use for it on my device.

Reading some of these posts.... I an interested in why one feels a need to archive or maintain old email on their devices...

Lego!

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
re:

I have not read through this thread yet so I may be missing something..

I just tried this program. Looks very promising!

I want an Archive button! I don?t see a way to archive an Email. This is also missing in K-9.

I would like grouped conversations but I can live without that if need be.

I need to see Gmail Folders which this does, good job!

I would like an integrated inbox but that is not as important as long as there can be a very easy way to switch acts. Right now it is 3 clicks. Maybe a small X at the bottom corner of the main screen or even better maybe put a small button task bar (maybe user definable) at the bottom where the ads are now.

If it just gets an Archive button and a way I can pay so I don't have to look at ads, I will check it out again.

Keep up the good work! It is GREAT to have options...

Thanks, here are some comments:

1. What is the need for archive on a mobile device, or do you mean archive in the sense that "gmail" uses it?

2. Threaded emails is on my list, but I believe I have a slew of more important features to do first ;)

3. Integrated inbox is doable and on my list, but I keep pushing it off. When I think about search or exchange support, this to me seems more important. I hope to get to an integrated inbox though eventually.

4. A paid version will be available (I hope) in August. I don't believe in offering a beta application as "paid" and it also is missing many features. When it is a bit more complete, I will feel more comfortable about offering a paid version.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
ok...

maybe I am a little lost here....

I am in need of almost 24/7 availability... So email is an must....

But, I use my phone for email only when away from my laptop.... and once I get the email there, i have no further use for it on my device.

Reading some of these posts.... I an interested in why one feels a need to archive or maintain old email on their devices...

Lego!

This has always been my question :) MailDroid initially was created as an online client (for both pop3 and imap). As more users began using the application, most feedback was around offline capability, storing emails on phone, deleting only from phone etc.

You have to go with the masses though! If this is what my users want, I will do this for them.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Keep up the good work maildroiddev, Seeing how active you are in responding and trying to polish this app makes me glad I chose your app.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

1. What is the need for archive on a mobile device, or do you mean archive in the sense that "gmail" uses it?

I want an Archive button so it archives like it does in Gmail. I have a ton of email that comes in, gets filtered and assigned a label. I like to see them in the inbox in case I want to read them but whether I read them or not I just want to hit archive which removes them from the inbox but they stay labeled. I do not want them to get deleted or trashed.
Archive really just removes the Inbox label but that is very useful. Also add to your future to do list a way to see all the gmail labs custom stars. You would be way ahead of the curve then. :)

4. A paid version will be available (I hope) in August. I don't believe in offering a beta application as "paid" and it also is missing many features. When it is a bit more complete, I will feel more comfortable about offering a paid version.

Since it is beta can we have a version without the ads until then PLEASE?? They are annoying enough to me that I may just stop using this already. I will pay ahead of time for a version without it, they really annoy me in certain apps, and my Email program is one of them. I hate seeing it flash and change, it distracts me.

I have a question. I have two gmail accounts that I use. I want my work one to notify me when I get a new email. That works.

I want my personal one to do nothing. So I discovered how to set a rule (awesome option BTW) and set that account to no sound/vibration/light. However it is still putting the icon in the notification bar. Can you add a rule to turn that off as well? I don’t want to see that icon at all unless it is work related!

I know it is a small thing but I hate seeing notifications and/or icons there unless it has to be. i:Di

Last edited:

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
re:

1. Yup, a gmail specific function, and well the labs stars would be jumping ahead. I'll look into the stars...archive is on my list already.

2. Ads are shown in 3 locations. Inbox, Accounts Screen, and folder list. One thing to consider is that developers need to drink coffee, eat skittles and pizza, and drink beer when reading forums. The ad revenue pays for this ;-)

3. Sure, I got that request already from another user. I have version 1.25 coming out in a day or so, so I'll try and sneak it into this one or the next one.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
@maildroiddev I was trying to send an email with a pic/video attachment to a different email listed under that contact but it only allows me to pick from their "primary" email and no others like number@vzpix.com etc. Is that something that can be changed?

Last edited:

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiousity, are the banners converting ok? While I've done web based ads, I have no idea how good/bad banner conversions are on a mobile device

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
2. Ads are shown in 3 locations. Inbox, Accounts Screen, and folder list. One thing to consider is that developers need to drink coffee, eat skittles and pizza, and drink beer when reading forums. The ad revenue pays for this ;-)

I completely understand that! That is why I said I will pay you for a version without them. i:Di It is the inbox one that bothers me.

Another request: Just tossing these out here! i:)i
On the rule screen have a way that I can make an exception to get notified if the message has a star! (and in the future from specific senders as well.) So in my personal Email I never want to know I got an email unless it is from a friend.. i:Di

The star option alone would work as I already have a filter in Gmail that stars friends emails.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
re:

Out of curiousity, are the banners converting ok? While I've done web based ads, I have no idea how good/bad banner conversions are on a mobile device

Outside the scope of this forum :) In general not great, but not terrible. CTR in Android across all applications is known to be disappointing.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You mean in your address book you have a bunch of email addresses and auto-suggest is only picking up the primary?

I see what its doing now, if i type a contact name like Joe, it will not pick up emails listed under that contact, just anything that begin with "J" Then if i type in the nuumbers it will auto suggested based on the number.

I would like to type in a contacts name and then have the choice of selecting from all their emails listed under that contact.

For example K-9 does this.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams