1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a good app for storing passwords and account numbers

Hey guys,
    Im switching from blackberry to the new evo. I use the password keeper on the berry. I was just wondering if Android has something similar to that.

Thanks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by nightfishing View Post
    KeePass
    Is this in the android market or do i download from a site. Also is it pay or free ?

Thanks for the suggestion

OI Safe is very easy to use.
    I never had a password keeper before cuz they were all too complicated, but this one is very simple

Quote Originally Posted by jmjccwatson View Post
    Is this in the android market or do i download from a site. Also is it pay or free ?

Thanks for the suggestion
    free in the market (search keepassdroid)

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Yup KeyPassDroid is the way to go. You can copy the db to your PC and open it w/ version 1.x of KeyPass. Makes it very easy to add a lot of entries to your db.

I've not used it on the Android yet, but Roboform just recently released a free android app for any Roboform Online users. Best of all it integrates with the built in browser I'm told.

I use Roboform on my PC's via a USB drive that auto-syncs to roboform online, so my Evo will always have the most updated passwords even if I only updated on my PC.

Check it out:

I asked in another thread about this. I use lastpass on my Pre and paid for the premium service to use it on mobile devices. I highly recommend it.

With that said I am unsure I want to use that for non-web related passwords.
    I am talking passwords from the systems I maintain, users passwords etc.. These are work related and stand alone.

Any recommendations for a manager that has a desktop conduit so I can import/export from .cvs files? I bought jVault for my Pre and liked it enough to purchase the desktop application.

Kage mentioned KeyPassDroid and I will check that one out. Any other good ones? ii
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-23-2010 at 12:31 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

ROM
    Something new!

I use SplashID. I have used them for years from my palm days. They have an app only or if you want they have a desktop version that you can also sync to.

SplashID...

I also like Ascendo, but I don't think they have an Android port yet. Excellent service...

KeePassDroid + Dropbox. I use the desktop version of keepass on my computer, and keep the database file in my dropbox folder. Then dropbox does an OTA sync to let me open that same file on my phone (as well as share it to all my other computers). Instant wireless sync access to all my passwords.

I'll offer a second for OI Safe. Very simple and easy to use if all you want is a basic password keeper. Other, more full-featured, options may be available but OI Safe sure fits the bill for me (and it's free).

On my pre I used JVault. I liked it..Is there anything similar for the HTC?

Being new to the Evo, I recently switxhed from Palm Pre ( newbie there as well..LOL). On my Pre I had an app called JVault. I liked it.....Is there anyhting similar for the EVo?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I really liked Secret! back on my Palm and WinMo devices and wanted to like it on my Epic. But, I couldn't get past trusting a single app to both secure my information and talk to any site on the Internet. (I know, in theory, that makes it easier to back up and share information between phone and desktop.)

I went with KeePassDroid on Epic, KeePassX on Unbuntu, and KeePass on windows. All synchronized with DropBox as mentioned earlier.

I've just got to get used to always being prompted for username/password/URL even when I want to store a record of just account numbers or miscellaneous facts.
    ----- -----
    Treo 300 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> Epic 4G -> Note III

Default Re: Looking for a good app for storing passwords and account numbers

I'm an avid LastPass Premium user. I've used it for years, have it on PC, iPad2, S4, I can use it's browser so it fills in as I move through my interests & has a form-filler function as well. I have many passwords & in no way could keep track of all of it. I don't use every feature- it has many options.
    It's safe which is most important. Read their explanation on the topic of all options. I found it easy to use. It's always synced & ready to work for me. Good luck!