Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Please advise the best and cheaper tablet to buy for using this software MUST be easy to Root.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mediasol View Post
    Disable HW Overlay from the Developer Options menu. Let me know if this helps.
    Oops. I forgot to mention I did try that also. D'oh!

Hopefully this gets working again because it's a great app. =-}
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #253  

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    How intrusive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Deep-in-the-kernel-code kind of intrusive.
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

Lightbulb Re: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Hello, mediasol. I do not know your e-mail, and so I write here. I enjoy your program.

I use it for a year and I recommended it to all my friends. But it is far from perfect and slowly works, even on powerful devices.

Therefore, I ask to update your software, and:
    - Add support for high resolution: 1920x1080; 1920x1200; 1920x1280; 2048x1536
    - Add a recording at 60 frames per second (this is very important!)
    - Add support for Tegra 4 (not necessarily)

Thanks in advance. Of course, you are unlikely to do so, but if it did, you would be the best in the Android Market!

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Tried the demo and I don't know why it isn't working properly. I have a rooted SGS3 with Wicked Sensations Team Venum ROM. I have checked Force GPU rendering off, High resolution set, tried 20 & 30 FPS (benchmark says good for 31 fps). The screen flickers like crazy and isn't very fluid at all.........nevermind....I figured it out....I forgot to check off Disable Hardware Overlays......Glad I tried it again, I was almost going to buy a different app for a few bucks more. You got yourself another sale
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Default Re: [Beta Testers Needed] Screencast Video Recorder

Hi,

Anyone using this on a China phone with the MediaTek MT6577 chipset or a Zopo ZP900? It is working fine on a phone with the MT6575 chipset but not working on a Zopo ZP900, both phones have Android v4.0.4. On the Zopo ZP900 I am getting a recording of a blank screen mostly with occasional flashes of the screen image.

Thanks.

Any chance this will ever work on the Asus TF300T?? If so, you've got a permanent rotating spot on my tablet app site.

hey, i have bought the screencast app and it wont let me record, when i click record it starts to record and then says file saved but it says it is still recording so i went on my recordings on screencast and it just showed a ! mark in the middle where the picture should be so i tried re-downloading it 3 times still didnt work so i recorded and stop for over 30 times and one of the times it recorded my screen but it was in half and underneth the half was the same half and the video was all messes up it was like someone just took 500 LSD tablets my phone is the sony xperia j android system 4.0.4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #259  

Quote Originally Posted by teflon1 View Post
    Hi,

Anyone using this on a China phone with the MediaTek MT6577 chipset or a Zopo ZP900? It is working fine on a phone with the MT6575 chipset but not working on a Zopo ZP900, both phones have Android v4.0.4. On the Zopo ZP900 I am getting a recording of a blank screen mostly with occasional flashes of the screen image.

Thanks.
    Diable HW Overlay and Force GPU rendering
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #260  

Quote Originally Posted by jerry43812 View Post
    Any chance this will ever work on the Asus TF300T?? If so, you've got a permanent rotating spot on my tablet app site.
    Tegra3 platforms share the same issue. There will probably not be an official released fix for any Nvidia platforms.
    Thanked by:

What is the problem with Tegra3? It has floating point unlike T2.

Unhappy Re: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Hey man i need it compatible for armv6 please do something

Yes I tried that and unfortunately it doesn't help.

In case anyone is wondering I have used this app on these 2 devices successfully:

- Samsung Galaxy Note (I) with stock ROM v4.0.4, I can get up 12 FPS recording in High (full resolution) and 16 FPS at normal (1/2 resolution).
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with stock ROM v4.1.1, I can get up to 26 FPS recording in High (full resolution)

There are reports of the app not working with JB but it works for me with v4.1.1. I wonder what the highest OS version is that it will work on? Anyone using it successfully with an S3 and a stock ROM version higher than v4.1.1?

Remember to Disable HW Overlay and Force GPU rendering. Disable HW Overlay has to be set every time you reboot unless you modify build.prop. After setting Force GPU rendering the first time you probably (guess) have to reboot for it to take effect.

For Chinese phones with the MTK chipset, some work and others don't, no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon1 View Post

Remember to Disable HW Overlay and Force GPU rendering. Disable HW Overlay has to be set every time you reboot unless you modify build.prop. After setting Force GPU rendering the first time you probably (guess) have to reboot for it to take effect.
    On my note 2 I never reset it after applying those settings in the developer options for screen recording to work. Is the reboot device specific?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm having a problem with any new 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 roms on my Verizon Galaxy S3. Every video I attempt to record just results in a black video. I have tried the hardware overlay and for gpu rendering multiple times with no luck. I have also tried emailing the developer but I have gotten no response. I really rely on this app for many of my Youtube videos so this is important to me to get solved. My guess is it is something specific with the Galaxy S3 on the newest android builds like 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. If anybody knows anything that I can do to fix this bug it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows a different email I can contact the developer at that would be great because I would like to do anything I can to help fix this problem!! Thanks.
    Last edited by HighSchool Mac; 02-17-2013 at 07:15 PM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #267  

Quote Originally Posted by HighSchool Mac View Post
    I'm having a problem with any new 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 roms on my Verizon Galaxy S3. Every video I attempt to record just results in a black video. I have tried the hardware overlay and for gpu rendering multiple times with no luck. I have also tried emailing the developer but I have gotten no response. I really rely on this app for many of my Youtube videos so this is important to me to get solved. My guess is it is something specific with the Galaxy S3 on the newest android builds like 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. If anybody knows anything that I can do to fix this bug it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows a different email I can contact the developer at that would be great because I would like to do anything I can to help fix this problem!! Thanks.
    Do you see the touch pointer in the recording if you add one from the settings menu?

Do you see the touch pointer in the recording if you add one from the settings menu?
    Yeah I do.

Maybe you can add option for customisable bitrate?
    On Samsung Galaxy Note 2 it's work smoothly but bitrate is worst than on Galaxy S2...
    I guess you're using ffmpeg in your program, maybe you could just add more options to control the quality and recording format.

How do I request a refund? Since the purchased app did not work on my tablet. permanent 'waiting for service', also in the demo version. Please advice. Regards
    besttechsetup likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #271  

Quote Originally Posted by David Haesaert View Post
    How do I request a refund? Since the purchased app did not work on my tablet. permanent 'waiting for service', also in the demo version. Please advice. Regards
    Already refunded.

So do you have any idea what the problem could be? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you diagnose this bug. Thanks!

ROM
    RootBox / Siyah kernel

I've been experiencing the same issues with colors, some of them appear inverted. I've tried many things and none of them work. Strangely, some other screencast apps seem to work fine. As a developer I'd hate to ask for a refund. Please, @mediasol, let us solve this.

My device is a Samsung i9300 running latest stable ROM Vanilla RootBox with Siyah kernel. I've tried this app with Omega ROM and the same kernel before and it worked fine. It was said before that this app is "deep-in-the-kernel-code intrusive". So if I changed the kernel would it help?

I've uploaded the screenshots for my settings on the Developer Options menu, the About Phone menu, my kernel settings via the STweaks app, the Screencast Recorder settings and benchmarck, and an example of how the movie actually looks after recorded. You can view it here:

Please, let us fix this ASAP.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #274  

Screencast uses framebuffer settings to check for color format. These settings are set by the kernel and it seems that your latest kernel is not doing a good job setting them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by lucianosb View Post
    I've been experiencing the same issues with colors, some of them appear inverted. I've tried many things and none of them work. Strangely, some other screencast apps seem to work fine. As a developer I'd hate to ask for a refund. Please, @mediasol, let us solve this.

My device is a Samsung i9300 running latest stable ROM Vanilla RootBox with Siyah kernel. I've tried this app with Omega ROM and the same kernel before and it worked fine. It was said before that this app is "deep-in-the-kernel-code intrusive". So if I changed the kernel would it help?

I've uploaded the screenshots for my settings on the Developer Options menu, the About Phone menu, my kernel settings via the STweaks app, the Screencast Recorder settings and benchmarck, and an example of how the movie actually looks after recorded. You can view it here:

Please, let us fix this ASAP.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #275  

Quote Originally Posted by HighSchool Mac View Post
    So do you have any idea what the problem could be? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you diagnose this bug. Thanks!
    My best guess is that the latest build is using incompatible drivers. Screencast needs framebuffer video drivers to work.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast