[New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

bschai

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought Screencast for my Galaxy Note N7000 running 4.1.2 Stock. But the app stop responding after recording for over 1 minute or 2.

A 10 seconds clip is ok but I need it for longer.

The Screencast demo worked fine but I only tested short clips (i.e 10-20 seconds). After using the full version, it fails to record anything 1 or 2 minutes.

The app will start to record fine but when I tried to stop it by tapping the icon in the pull down notification menu, it will not respond. Going back to the app , it sometimes shows the red dot but unresponsive, sometimes it shows "waiting for service".

The second problem is, the app doesn't delete video files properly. When you try to delete a video file, it will give a message saying "Saved as ....xxxx.mp4". Then later on, it will appear as a corrupted video file. (With an exclamation mark as the thumbnail).

This is very disappointing. Are these known issue?

Thanks.

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just saw your email and responded:
It seems that you are running out of storage space, thus failing to continue recording after a while. As for the videos getting recreated, this is a bug in Screencast running on ICS+ where the new MediaScanner will recreate the deleted file. Screencast needs to handle deleting video files differently on newer platforms.

Hi,

I just bought Screencast for my Galaxy Note N7000 running 4.1.2 Stock. But the app stop responding after recording for over 1 minute or 2.

A 10 seconds clip is ok but I need it for longer.

The Screencast demo worked fine but I only tested short clips (i.e 10-20 seconds). After using the full version, it fails to record anything 1 or 2 minutes.

The app will start to record fine but when I tried to stop it by tapping the icon in the pull down notification menu, it will not respond. Going back to the app , it sometimes shows the red dot but unresponsive, sometimes it shows "waiting for service".

The second problem is, the app doesn't delete video files properly. When you try to delete a video file, it will give a message saying "Saved as ....xxxx.mp4". Then later on, it will appear as a corrupted video file. (With an exclamation mark as the thumbnail).

This is very disappointing. Are these known issue?

Thanks.

bschai

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i received your reply.

However, I have at least 1.5G space left in /storage/sdcard0/ and a few 5GB left in /storage/extsdCard/
I was only using the default values for the recording, i.g. normal res, 21 frame per second.

I believe 1.5G should be more than enough?

So i don't think it's a space issue.

I have also sent you the log. Please advise.

Thanks.

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I see the recorder crashing with SIGPIPE on IO. The recorder bundles frames to be written to disk and then bulk writes to your storage and waits till the write is done. A SIGPIPE means that the "write" operation failed due to insufficient space (not the case here if you have 1.5G free obviously) or a bad sector/block on your persistent storage. Bad storage memory can happen if you unplug your phone from your PC without ejecting/unmounting first.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do on my end to further debug the issue. All I can tell is that the recorder is having trouble writing to your storage device, for one reason or another. There are some free MMC memory testing tools you can download to test your storage media. Hope this helps a little.

Yes, i received your reply.

However, I have at least 1.5G space left in /storage/sdcard0/ and a few 5GB left in /storage/extsdCard/
I was only using the default values for the recording, i.g. normal res, 21 frame per second.

I believe 1.5G should be more than enough?

So i don't think it's a space issue.

I have also sent you the log. Please advise.

Thanks.

Warhiet

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Just bought and installed the app but cannot use it. It says there was a 'liscensing and connectivity' problem. Not exactly sure what that means, but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Google play. My phone isn't rooted YET and there is a lock on the big red button that I assume is used to record with. I will root my phone later, but won't bother if this problem can't be resolved.

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Just bought and installed the app but cannot use it. It says there was a 'liscensing and connectivity' problem. Not exactly sure what that means, but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Google play. My phone isn't rooted YET and there is a lock on the big red button that I assume is used to record with. I will root my phone later, but won't bother if this problem can't be resolved.
Post a screenshot please.

Andy Markham

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have SC on my Nexus 4/4.2.2, and while it allows you to record, the resulting video is just a black expanse--no content is actually recorded. Any tips, or insights?

RoAlex

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello sir! I have tried the demo version of your app on my tab2 gt-p3110 running cm 10.1 and also on other roms with different kernels. I also made sure to have gpu rendering on and h/w overlay disabled. Unfortunately the app recorded a black screen every time while audio recording worked perfectly. Is my device not supported or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Koki1337

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Beta Testers Needed] Screencast Video Recorder

I bought this app but it doesn't work for Android 4.2.2? All I see is black, black black.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

I bought this app but it doesn't work for Android 4.2.2? All I see is black, black black.

What phone or tablet are you using, and did you disable the hardware overlays in your settings? Also make sure to enable Force GPU rendering as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I have SC on my Nexus 4/4.2.2, and while it allows you to record, the resulting video is just a black expanse--no content is actually recorded. Any tips, or insights?

Did you disable the hardware overlays in your settings? Also make sure to enable Force GPU rendering as well.

Koki1337

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

What phone or tablet are you using, and did you disable the hardware overlays in your settings? Also make sure to enable Force GPU rendering as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you disable the hardware overlays in your settings? Also make sure to enable Force GPU rendering as well.

Yes I did. I'm using a Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.2 by Paranoid Android, v3.10

preseodymium

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi MediaSolutions, I've used your app for over a month and its great. Recently I updated to jellybean v4.2.1. When I record the colours are inverted. Reading the thread I tried changing kernels and disable hw overlay. Still doesn't work. Is my android version too new?

mediasol

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Hi MediaSolutions, I've used your app for over a month and its great. Recently I updated to jellybean v4.2.1. When I record the colours are inverted. Reading the thread I tried changing kernels and disable hw overlay. Still doesn't work. Is my android version too new?
The ROM your are using is probably compiling a kernel for a similar but different device.

Eric Perla

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem(black screen) on Stock 4.2.2 rooted, worked back on 4.2.1 on the nexus 4,I sent you some emails with logs on it,any idea what the problem is? :-\

mkanet1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
What does "Disable Overlays" do? I heard this setting lowers general performance for applications. I didn't enable this setting and only have "Force GPU rendering" enabled on my JellyBean 4.1.1. I am still able to record using 30fps + "High" quality setting on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (stock rooted ROM + Perseus Kernel).

How can I specify higher bitrate? Currently, I get 720p capture of my 720 Android desktop; however, the bit rate isn't that great for high detail motion video.

Lastly, I can confirm there is a bug with deleted recordings. A "ghost" version of the file mysteriously appears again.

Lastly, how do I specify what path store recordings? I would like to use a folder on my SD card once the Internet memory is full.

Maybe these settings are at least editable via a rooted phone? If so, how can I make these changes?

Thanks for the great app!

Last edited:

Hexagone

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Hello mediasol,
I have a problem concerning Screencast video recorder, probably a very good application : i do a movie, then, i want to see this movie but the application record a black screen with sometime a green line. The sound is recorded, all is correct but not the movie capture... i ve searched on many topic, i m not alone therefor nobody with the same bug as me have found any solution :x :'( perhaps a other appli does exist for correct this error ? So, it s very embarrasing because i rooted my device, a samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" just for SVRecorder and It doesn t seems to run. I hope you answers my reply and i m sorry for the mistake, i p french and my english is probably not perfeft ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34