Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

For those who own an HTC phone and have trouble with the latest Screencast v3.0, please disable the touch pointer option. HTC has custom code for the touch screen different from other Android devices and will cause Screencast to crash. We have a fix and will be released soon, but for now if you are getting stuck at "Waiting for service", just disable the touch pointer and reboot your phone (necessary to clear the hung service).

Red face Re: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

I'm getting a green streak running down the edge of the right side in the video when I record with the orientation turned to left. Anyone else get this problem?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

That happens on the Samsung 7 inch tab only. It is on the bug list waiting for a fix. It will be coming but not in the next release.

Hi Mediasol,

Thanks for a great product. I have 1 quarrel. Above you say that users should disable the touch pointer option on the HTC desire (due to the incompatible htc OS).

It appears in my version of "Screen Recorder" that you have natively disabled it (possibly by getting my device type and choosing to disable the option). However...

I'm running CM7 ROM, and not the HTC sense ROM, so I would Like to be able to try the touch pointer thing, and then revert if it didn't work.

If this is what you're doing is there any way around it?

Thanks again
    Another Dev
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

There is already a fix, implemented and tested and only only waiting release.

Any ETA on Galaxy Nexus support? I miss being able to use this app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

The reason why there have not been any updates lately is because we are spending all our time working on the Galaxy Nexus. We had to go back to the drawing board with this, hopefully we get a break through soon.
    Last edited by mediasol; 01-23-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    DroidKnows

when is this app going to support the Galaxy Nexus?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zUc4 View Post
    when is this app going to support the Galaxy Nexus?
    Development is ongoing to find a solution for the Nexus and Tegra 3.

Default New Features Request : Continues screenshot + vibrate

New feature requests for better screencasts

- Continues screenshot should have programmable interval (seconds)
    - Do not save continues screenshots if next image is exactly the same as previous
    - Option to vibrate on taking screenshot (instead of shutter sound)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Default Re: New Features Request : Continues screenshot + vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by alexuseattle View Post
    New feature requests for better screencasts

- Continues screenshot should have programmable interval (seconds)
    - Do not save continues screenshots if next image is exactly the same as previous
    - Option to vibrate on taking screenshot (instead of shutter sound)
    I like the first and last. I will add them to the feature list.
    The second request is more difficult than it seems, you will have to compare hundreds of thousands of pixels (480width x 800height = 384000 pixels) to determine if they are the same of not. Of course there can be tricks and shortcuts to minimize it but it will always be too intensive for the gained benefit.

I will add vibrate and programmable interval to the app.

Thanks,
    -- MS

Just to let you know, it's working great on my Nexus S i9020a running ICS.
    Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (Gingerbread 2.3.5, Rooted)
    Acer Iconia Tab A200
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Quote Originally Posted by socalrailroader View Post
    Just to let you know, it's working great on my Nexus S i9020a running ICS.
    Super!! Please make sure to let us know on this forum if you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. Happy Screencasting.

Default Re: New Features Request : Continues screenshot + vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by mediasol View Post
    I like the first and last. I will add them to the feature list.
    Awesome, thank you!

The second request is more difficult than it seems, you will have to compare hundreds of thousands of pixels (480width x 800height = 384000 pixels) to determine if they are the same of not. Of course there can be tricks and shortcuts to minimize it but it will always be too intensive for the gained benefit.
    Yes, it could be tricky to code, but I think Android CPU could handle the extra (and think about all dual core devices that are coming up now

The result benefit would be amazing for screencasting. I would no longer need to pace myself during screenshot taking. I can set "take screenshot every 1 sec" and then just go through the app at my own pace (even take a lunch break in the middle). Just like the "normal" user. At the end I will have a ready-to-go screencast with almost no editing. So far making screencasts is real work. Even with your great app . Launch app, wait for a shutter sound, go to the next screen, wait for shutter sound, etc. A lot of waiting and pacing

Super!! Please make sure to let us know on this forum if you have any questions, concerns and/or suggestions. Happy Screencasting.
    I will, thanks again!
    Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (Gingerbread 2.3.5, Rooted)
    Acer Iconia Tab A200

Hello Media Solutions,

I recently read an article online about how you guys were running into security issues reading from the Galaxy Nexus frame buffer [1]. I'm currently running into the same thing. Might I ask what the solution is you guys are using?

For example, I'm pulling fb0 from /dev/graphics/fb0 but it is full of zeros, and I'd like to use FFMpeg to convert the frame-buffer to a PNG programatically in local python scripts.

[1]
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMT View Post
    Hello Media Solutions,

I recently read an article online about how you guys were running into security issues reading from the Galaxy Nexus frame buffer [1]. I'm currently running into the same thing. Might I ask what the solution is you guys are using?

For example, I'm pulling fb0 from /dev/graphics/fb0 but it is full of zeros, and I'd like to use FFMpeg to convert the frame-buffer to a PNG programatically in local python scripts.

[1]
    There is no fix yet.

This has been waiting for service for at least 2 days, and I've tried reinstalling it, from my computer, and from my phone. Please help
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyblu View Post
    This has been waiting for service for at least 2 days, and I've tried reinstalling it, from my computer, and from my phone. Please help
    Keep in mind that Tegra 2 devices are not supported. What device are you trying to run it on?

i really want to use this app on my prime...

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Hi MediaSolutions,

I've installed your Screencast Video Recorder on my Samsung Galxy S SCL (GT-i9003). It's working almost perfectly! The only thing that is not working is sound. Even if I ckeck the "Record Audio (Mic)" option in the settings page, the resulting video has no sound at all. I've tryed connecting the mic+earpiece included with the phone with no luck. As I understand, it should record sound through the internal microphone of the device, isn't it?

Also, I'll also suggest the option to record internal audio, if it is possible. It will be very useful!
    Another suggestion would be a new "Touch Pointer". I think it could be nice to have a semi-transparent filled circle in different colors (I suggest purple or gray).

Anyway, congratulations for your great work!

---
    Marc

Hey any updates on Gnex support?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Quote Originally Posted by trilogee View Post
    Hey any updates on Gnex support?
    It is still in development.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

Quote Originally Posted by gakubuchi View Post
    Hi MediaSolutions,
    Another suggestion would be a new "Touch Pointer". I think it could be nice to have a semi-transparent filled circle in different colors (I suggest purple or gray).

Anyway, congratulations for your great work!

---
    Marc
    The plan is to enable custom pointers. We have been too busy working on enabling Galaxy Nexus and Tegra 3 for the past month. We will assign a portion of development time to go through the list of bugs and needed features soon.

could I specify the stored location of recorded video and screenshot ?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast