Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: [New Feature: Touch Indicator] Screencast Video Recorder

Oh man just got this today and am very excited as I do reviews of tablets. I have a SmartQ Ten3 omap 4430 10 inch. This tablet is awesome but I didn't know until playing a video that there might have been an issue because of a black screen with a SmartQ logo in the middle. I am running ICS 4.03. Definitely keeping the app because it looks great.

Hi, Is Screencast compatible with Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet? Why can't I get rid of the "waiting for service" message?

I'm running a rooted Kyocer Echo on Android version 2.3.4 and I was curious as to whether my phone simply isn't powerful enough to record? When I record, it does so moderately successfully; audio is a 10, and it DOES record the video, but the actual file is all distorted with pinks and purples and shows up in four panels across the screen. Really strange stuff. Any info?

Sent an e-mail, so I'd prefer a response that way, but I'll check here and that would be fine as well. Look forward to hearing back and getting my recording on!

Zane

We are attempting to use your application to capture the screen on the Android device and that works great. However, we are trying to capture using an application that plays back a video within the Android application. While trying to record the video playback, it simply displays a black screen on the capture. As soon as the video finishes playing and it goes back to the application, the screen recording displays as per usual.

Is it not possible to screen record a video being played back within an application with Screencast Video Recorder?

ROM
    DroidKnows

Will this app ever work on the Galaxy Nexus?
    Thanked by 2:

I also want to implement screen capture and sound recording as video file. I have no idea how to implement it. Could you tell me where can I reference? or could you give me your sample code?

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redenbacher

Dang, on my tmobile t989 this thing is choppy on any video/game cap.

I think it just doesn't like running nesoid and recording, it keeps audio on but screen is black. ( I think a tear is what they call it? )

I think it does work well though for just normal app useage
    My purposes are definitely for tutorials / demos/ how-to-s / app and game reviews.

i'm plugged in, and i've tried every quality setting combo and they all behave the same.

if the app worked on my tegra prime I bet it would function but I see that's TBD future upgrade.

it is so close to being incredible for me... (paid version)
    I write about all my personal projects. love to write and make videos, and I upload a crapload to flickr. game reviews, demos, how tos. love it, check it out at BooyaGadget.

Hi, I have a very important question. I use Screencast daily and I'm about to buy a new Galaxy S3. Does Screencast work on Galaxy S3? I have had a Gnex and was disappointed to see that it didn't work.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

Yes, it works on the Galaxy S3.

Default Galaxy Nexus

Hey mediasol, I just wanted to thank you for trying to figure out the support on the gnex. I bought the app in support of your hard work...and I'll use it either when you get it running or on my next phone, whenever that will be. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by mediasol View Post
    Yes, it works on the Galaxy S3.
    I have root on my S3 and I can't get the Screencast app to record video. In the video section it comes up with the video but instead of a still image preview it has an exclamation mark (!). It won't play in Mobo player.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Pete

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Does not work with the HTC Evo 4G LTE

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums app

Is there any forward progress being made with OMAP 4/Galaxy Nexus?

Penned via Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post

Penned via Tapatalk.
    I am wondering this as well.
    Android Advocate

Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post

Penned via Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by robisaks View Post
    I am wondering this as well.
    I'm starting to think he may have given up on the Galaxy Nexus. A lot of developers get stuck, and instead of saying something to the customer, they just go into hiding and/or ignore questions. This is a $4 app, and this is supposed to be a "support" thread. Where's the support?
    Thanked by:

I have this app on my rooted HTC One S and it lags a lot! I can't believe this! When I play back a recording, it lags and its choppy. It skips while its playing and all the time it doesn't play a game that I recorded! I tried to record Temple Run and when I played it back, all it played was the loading screen of the game. Thats it! I am a bit disapointed in this app unless there is a way to fix this issue.

Please provide support for Tegra 3! I'll buy the app as soon as that support is there!
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

This was an awesome/flawless app on Gingerbread (was using an HTC Incredible). Been waiting around since December for ICS support (LTE GNEX). I think this developer has thrown in the towel on this one - pretty embarrassing since I paid $3.99 for it only a month before upgrading. It's a serious shame cause there's nothing else like this on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by sixfootsix View Post
    This was an awesome/flawless app on Gingerbread (was using an HTC Incredible). Been waiting around since December for ICS support (LTE GNEX). I think this developer has thrown in the towel on this one - pretty embarrassing since I paid $3.99 for it only a month before upgrading. It's a serious shame cause there's nothing else like this on the market!
    I know. Its sad that I can't even get a refund. What even more sad is that the developer doesn't even reply back.

Wow. After I installed CM9 on my HTC One S the program is so much better! The playback is a lot smoother as well.

Default Galaxy s3 - won't record - 44

Firstly, thanks for a briliant looking app. It isn't working for me - but I'm sure it is working for lots of people and it seems to be really great.
    My problem is that it seems to work but in the end merely produces 44byte files which don't do anything.
    I have a rooted s3 with stock ROM.

I have the paid version of the app - and would much rather keep it than ask for a refund.

Can you help?

Thanks

See thats the problem. I had major problems with Screencast when I was on the stock rom. Now that I am on CM9, everything works great. So maybe try to flash a rom on it and see if it fixes the issue. If not then I don't know what to do. Sorry.

Well the photo function works very well. However, I see then when it is doing video, it starts recording but after a minute or so it says that it is saving the file - and that's it.
    The strange thing is that the red recording button is still displayed and you have to tap it to make it stop - so it is as if it was recording - but it isn't.

I don't need to start flashing roms for anything else. I just need a rooted phone.
    I would have thought that it would be in the developers interests to engage with this and to fix it if it is a bug so I'll hang on and hopefully he will contact me and it can be worked out.

There must he lots of people who have stock ROMS - and clearly your own experience with a stock ROM shows that I'm not on my own here.

The developer contacted me and said that the app needs tweaking - but didn't way what those tweaks are.
    He also directed me to XDA - but there are no discussions about this there.
    However, someone else has the identical problem to me.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=3

Strange situation here on my Kindle Fire.

• Last week: Rooted and running CM7.2, app ran perfectly.
    • This week: Updated to Gede's ICS ROM for Kindle Fire. App seems to record and encode but the resulting videos are all black. Same when I tried MoboPlayer.

The oddness begins here:
    • With CM7 Google play saw my Fire as a Kindle Fire.
    • With CM9, Google Play sees it as a Galaxy Nexus. This was theoretically done intentionally by Gede, seemingly to let the Market install more apps it otherwise would block from a Kindle.

Otherwise this Kindle is rocking with gedeROM 1.7 and everything seems to work well except Screencast. Is the app doing something different because it thinks this tablet is a Galaxy Nexus? It certainly ran on the same hardware when it was identifying itself differently.

Any bright ideas?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast