1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Google Tasks or Task Sync

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew of a good task management application, where I can keep track of both my short term and long term tasks at work.

Right now I throw my tasks onto my Google Calendar, but certain items really aren't calendar entries they are tasks which I've been doing at work.

Any ideas for the people who do about 20 different things at work (at once) and want to attempt to keep track of it all?

Any advice is appreciated.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Tasks or Task Sync

I use Google Tasks with the app to sync with my phone. Hasn't failed me in a year or two now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hello,

Thanks this seems pretty fair. Two things I noticed though so far:

1. From my Google Calendar interface I can get tasks to appear on the right hand side, but it will only show 1 list at a time, not tasks across all lists.

2. Can you attach web links or files to the notes area of each task, this would be useful?

Any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

You may need a more robust solution since this method is pretty basic. While you can enter a web address in the notes section, there really isn't a way to attach files in Google Tasks or GTasks that I am aware of.

You may need something like Remember The Milk, Astrid or even Evernote. I haven't used any of these since the above combo works for me. Maybe others will chime in though.

Do you need a feature full or a simple to do list app?

Feature full app support rich tasks attributes (due date, priority, category, etc) but requires more work on your part. Simple ones provide only the core features but make them quick and intuitive. Answering this question will narrow your search.

If you are looking for a feature rich app, I had good success with To Do List Task Manager Pro. If you are looking for a simple app with intuitive and efficient UI, you are invited to look at our app 'Maniana To Do List'.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Agree with taldayan.

If what you need is a rich in feature todo list app, try Tasks N Todos. Cant attach files but you can saved photos with the task. Also comes with priority, reminders, repeating tasks and the likes.

A simpler app would be ColorNote. I used these two everyday.