1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Documents To Go offers spell check?????

I was wondering if someone had the full version of Documents To Go on their Android phone.
    My question is, does it offer a spell-check feature when creating and editing Word documents? I saw a video of the new Documents To Go for iPhone, and it did not have a spell-check feature for Word. I couldn't find this as a feature for Android when I went to Documents To Go's website to look at the new features for 3.0
    The BlackBerry version has spell-check, but I wasn't sure if the Android offered this as well.

if it does, I have not found a way to use it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The video review I saw on YouTube for the iPhone version didn't have it. I guess Android doesn't offer it either. It does for the BlackBerry version, however. Would be nice if they offered it for all platforms.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Does anyone know if Docs To Go has added a Spell Check feature?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I don't think it does.

I wonder if they offer a discount for those changing platforms? Doubt it though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I don't think it does.

I wonder if they offer a discount for those changing platforms? Doubt it though lol.
    Last time I checked - DTG did have a sideways upgrade. I have it for the Palm and was interested in using DTG on the Nokia. I'd have to ask what versions of Office it saved to, though. I refuse to use MS Office. I have an older copy of WordPerfect, and will use Open Office.
    Z
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I love open office.....

sometimes cells when not set up correctly in Excel, come in a bit whacky, but other than that our company has been using it for over a year.

I contacted Dataviz about sideways upgrading.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I don't think it does.

it's not listed in the manual anywhere. It is for the BlackBerry, but not Android & iPhone.
    So I'm going to assume that it doesn't.

That's great...

I'm now a happy user.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    That's great...

I'm now a happy user.

????????????
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

no sideway upgrading....

Dear Anthony,

If you previously purchased software for a prior platform such as Palm OS unfortunately this software would not be transferrable to an Android powered device due to compatibility reasons, nor do we offer a cross platform discount. If you wanted compatible software on the Android platform this would require you purchasing a compatible application either from the Android Market or through our website. For more information please see the below link:

The software is currently on sale through our website and in the Android Market for $14.99 (typically $29.99)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Tony that was the same message they gave me when I asked because I used D2G on my BB. I have looked everywhere in the app and don't see any form of spell checking.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Yeah you would think after buying for three platforms, they would offer something...
    Makes me want to buy quickoffice.....
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Does Quckoffice offer spell check?

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

I keep wondering about spell checkers as well, but one of the things I noticed is that I don't think about spell checking as much as I used to.

Part of the reason is how the keyboards work. I mostly use Swype, which seems to work well with the vocabulary I use. It does most of the spelling for me, so I don't think about it as much as I used to. Even when I switch to SwiftKey, it does a pretty good job of selecting the words I want to use, so no more spelling needed there either.

But it would be nice if there was a better-integrated spell checker throughout the OS.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )