Issues with Vlingo for Android (paid version) - Safereader

jdb80

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing issues with the Safereader function of the Vlingo Android app? I have been going back and forth with Vlingo's support line all day.

Phone: Moto Droid, 2.1update1, Vlingo (with 4x1 & 1x1 widgets on homescreen).

Issue: Safereader is supposed to read your texts and/or emails (if enabled) aloud--via robolady voice--at the time of arrival. Vlingo support has stated "there is a delay in responding but it shouldn't be too long." However, I have only had one (1) successful instance (a text) in which Safereader actually read it back to me. I have received many other texts/emails since this morning and none of which have worked with Safereader. This is a bummer. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar issues? :cool:

bcsd521

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Same problem

I have been talking to their support line, but still no fix. I have found in my case, that if you have Vlingo set to check for email every two minutes, and your phone is awake, it does go out and check. If your phone is asleep it doesn't check for email nor waken your phone and then check.When you manually wake your phone again....it goes out and checks again.

MainStream

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I have had a less than wonderful experience with their support staff. Trying to get their Safe Reader set up with an Exchange account and have not yet been able to get it working. Like the idea, but so far the experience has been disappointing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol