How do I delete a device from the Android Market?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
As the title says, there are two devices listed on my wife's market, but she only has 1 phone. How do I delete the old phone from her profile?

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was told that there is no way currently. That was directly from the Market help section email response to my question. Seems stupid that they can't. I too am in the same boat.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Market --> My Library (apps) --> My Orders (top right) --> Settings (tab) --> Edit; then you can either re-name or "Hidden in menus". I guess this is as close as I can get. They need to add an option also for "( ) Make default device".

Reactions: k6tcher and kamtsa

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming back from Apple. I want to stay with Android, I have had about 4 Android devices. Please can somebody tell me why they will not implement this??Honestly why would Google not let us remove are old devices from the marketplace?Not just "hide" them but actually delete them. Very frustrating.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Well it's not like they're doing any harm by sitting in the list; the only reason I don't like it is because I hate clutter. :p

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Market --> My Library (apps) --> My Orders (top right) --> Settings (tab) --> Edit; then you can either re-name or "Hidden in menus". I guess this is as close as I can get. They need to add an option also for "( ) Make default device".

This works for about a week, then the old and long-gone items are back. Last time I asked for help on this from the Market help links, I got a "customer satisfaction survey" for the support issue but no actual response from anyone in support...

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
That does not delete the device. It merely "hides" it, a state that does not stick as it merely sets a flag in the cookie stored in your PC's web browser.

It works on mine. I did it at home over the weekend. Now I am at work. Using Google Chrome which is NOT synced with my browser at home, just went to the android market and clicked to install a random app, it only showed my Skyrocket and none of the other devices.

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got a similar problem. My old devices which I don't use any more shows up in SamsungDive.com
Anyone knows where SamsungDive picks up your devices? Is it from Google Play/ Market as well?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It works on mine. I did it at home over the weekend. Now I am at work. Using Google Chrome which is NOT synced with my browser at home, just went to the android market and clicked to install a random app, it only showed my Skyrocket and none of the other devices.

It never sticks for me. The longest it's ever worked is about one month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance