Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: How do I delete a device from the Android Market?

OK so I'm officially hacked off at Google right now. In trying to secure my info, I went ahead and signed up for the 2 step verication crap and now I can't get into my gmail account from my phone. Unbelievable. Why can't they just have let us delete to stupid devices from our account and be done with it? I'm so po's right now.

Update: ok, back to normal now. Can reverse the process so I'm calm now Just going to update my passwords to something very complicated and hopefully I'll remember it
    Last edited by rbess1965; 04-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    OK so I'm officially hacked off at Google right now. In trying to secure my info, I went ahead and signed up for the 2 step verication crap and now I can't get into my gmail account from my phone. Unbelievable. Why can't they just have let us delete to stupid devices from our account and be done with it? I'm so po's right now.
    It's certainly one of the more counter-intuitive things Google has done.

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    Ok, this subjects been around for awhile so I too want to bring it back up. With exchage and yahoo mail, we can go in and delist the device that we sold, but Google not allowing us to remove these devices is insane. Do they want to push us to iphones? That being said, I am thinking about creating a new account but man that is alot of set up to go back through. Plus, I loose my paid apps? No way to transfer my apps to a new account maybe? Lastly, before I sold the device I performed a factory reset and wiped it clean so what happens if I just leave the account alone? Wouldn't the person I sold it too have to login to the store using my login address and password of which they do not have? If that's the case then I'm safe and don't need to worry about it correct? Please let me know and Thanks.
    Well, I'm moving (back) to iOS when the new iPhone is out, but not because of this. Not being able to actually remove devices from the Google Market Play store is merely a minor annoyance. For me, the final straw was my Droid X imploding on me when I updated to the current firmware after rooting (and following the directions for this!). And the only reason for my rooting it was so connecting to my car kit BT kit would not autostart the wrong media player, and the hoops I had to jump through before that to get it to even sync my music properly.
    --
    PDA/Smartphone path: Palm IIIx -> various Sony Clies -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> iPhone 3G -> Crapberry Storm2 / iPod Touch -> Droid X -> iPhone 5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12